First Coach fired this season?

ET80

I don't see Patricia being fired during the season, unfortunately. Quinn won't do it, Patricia is his best friend. The mandate would have to come from ownership. In the last 30+ years, the Lions have only fired two coaches in-season (Bobby Ross and Steve Mariucci). Rod Marinelli went 0-16 and wasn't fired in-season. Marty Mornhinweg won 5 games in two years and was allowed to finish the season. I don't know, maybe Sheila is different than her mother, brother, and father; we'll see.

Adam Gase would be my choice for the most likely to be fired in-season first.

This should be renamed the Adam Gase thread.  Just this past Sunday you had a fireable offense in sending your hurt star RB back out and now that RB is on IR.  Hes traded away one of the 4 or 5 best S in JamallAdams, he pissed off everybody the moment he stepped in the door, and in top of it all, Dowell Loggains still has a job.  He may be a good OC, but hes a terrible HC

20 hours ago, Silver said:

Gase, the fans have been on him for a while, banners and signs. I could be a head coach if I was Peyton Manning QB coach for a two years. That is that dudes qualification. MAnning should be getting a percentage of his Dolphins and Jets salary.

I think even the worst OC in the NFL could make magic happen with Peyton. Just good luck for Gase really. He's another HC that makes every single fan scratch their head at why they regularly get hired, but the GM's keep thinking they have a bargain. 

On 9/17/2020 at 10:52 AM, MWil23 said:

Adam Gase got the dreaded "vote of confidence" after Week 1 and is an "offensive genius". Usually a vote of confidence in the offseason is a great sign, but after Week 1/in season, that spells an "at the bye week" firing.

Sincerely,

A Browns fan who has been down this road more than just a few times

I really hope you speak the truth, I want Gase fired more than anything. I can't stand the guy and I cannot stomach watching his "offensive genius" at work anymore.  The Jets have done more things to actively ruin a young QB than any team.  Hope they fire him, make Gregg Williams the HC for the rest of the season then hope to get a quality candidate using cap flexibility and lots of draft picks as a starting point for a new coach. 

Gase is Rich Kotite 2.0

Edited by NYJets4716

7 hours ago, Drained said:

I think even the worst OC in the NFL could make magic happen with Peyton. Just good luck for Gase really. He's another HC that makes every single fan scratch their head at why they regularly get hired, but the GM's keep thinking they have a bargain. 

Manning set records in Denver under Gase. Without him he wasn’t nearly as great, still Manning but not record setting Manning.

On 9/17/2020 at 9:59 AM, Johnny Nix said:

Adam Gase is my pick. Never understood the hiring to begin with. Gase is not a good coach. 

Nope. There is a reason every player that he was with in MIA is now flourishing without him there. Hes horrible. Im not even sure hes good enough to be a OC.

Adam Gase is Freddie Kitchens level bad.

Edited by AkronsWitness