First Coach fired this season?

ET80

If I’m the Jets I hang on to Gase. With all the injuries and opt outs, there’s little hope for that team. Might as well just see if you can get that #1 pick to hopefully be in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.

I feel bad for Darnold, but you can’t fix the Jets team issues with just coaching. So might as well ride that out.

Wheras Quinn should be fired. You’ve got enough time left to salvage this season. Quinn has consistently been a part of some of the worse comeback defeats in (at least recent) NFL history. The team has a franchise QB and talent. They have a situation where coaching could provide drastically improved chances for the complexion of their season, especially with this 7th seed in the playoffs. Another loss and their playoff chances become incredibly bleak.

12 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

If I’m the Jets I hang on to Gase. With all the injuries and opt outs, there’s little hope for that team. Might as well just see if you can get that #1 pick to hopefully be in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.

I feel bad for Darnold, but you can’t fix the Jets team issues with just coaching. So might as well ride that out.

Wheras Quinn should be fired. You’ve got enough time left to salvage this season. Quinn has consistently been a part of some of the worse comeback defeats in (at least recent) NFL history. The team has a franchise QB and talent. They have a situation where coaching could provide drastically improved chances for the complexion of their season, especially with this 7th seed in the playoffs. Another loss and their playoff chances become incredibly bleak.

Fire Gase and promote Loggains to interim HC, problem solved.

Adam Gase is just coaching to fund his cocaine habit. He doesn’t take it seriously. Might as well ride him to the first overall pick. 

Quinn has got to be gone. His team at least tries. The worst part is the defense breaks down and let’s the other team catch up and he’s a defensive coach 

• Like 1

If the Jets fire Gase, at least they have Greg Williams. From what I remember when the Browns fired Hue Jackson, he got the team to play hard and they did. Why the moron Browns didn’t keep him is beyond me, but the Jets might have the answer sitting isn’t there laps. I am no huge fan of his, but he seems to get more out of his players than the clowns he works for.

Edited by Silver
Tied rof nosaer.

13 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Fire Gase and promote Loggains to interim HC, problem solved.

IMO that's the worse thing you can do. I don't care how good he is at his current coach position. That's a no win position for the management and the coach himself. Cleveland is a good example, Jets (years ago)Rich Kotite,  Detroit ( Wayne Fontes) Another problem is the culture and the current players and how they interact with a position coach. To them man that's great we can do the same things we have been doing. He tries to change things watch out stars will revolt and the back stabbing and blame begins.

You need to start fresh clean house GM as well or you have a different person basically running the same system and culture.

Pats fan for 50 years. I know what I'm talking about. I watched this for years and years with my own team. Pete Carroll never had a chance, same GM kept from the loser team he took over.

Edited by m haynes

1 minute ago, m haynes said:

IMO that's the worse thing you can do. I don't care how good he is at his current coach position. That's a no win position for the management and the coach himself. Cleveland is a good example, Jets (years ago)Rich Kotite,  Detroit ( Wayne Fontes) Another problem is the culture and the current players and how they interact with a position coach. To them man that's great we can do the same things we have been doing. He tries to change things watch out stars will revolt and the back stabbing and blame begins.

You need to start fresh clean house GM as well or you have a different person basically running the same system and culture.

First, please read the whole thread.  Loggains is a terrible coach, the comment was tongue in cheek to somebody who said you should keep Gase bc a coaching change could result in missing out on the #1 pick.

Second, Joe Douglas was hired after Gase.  He will get the chance to choose his own coach.