First Coach fired this season?

ET80

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

First, please read the whole thread.  Loggains is a terrible coach, the comment was tongue in cheek to somebody who said you should keep Gase bc a coaching change could result in missing out on the #1 pick.

Second, Joe Douglas was hired after Gase.  He will get the chance to choose his own coach.  

Sorry I didn't read it correctly however my point still stands. CLEAN HOUSE.

5 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Sorry I didn't read it correctly however my point still stands. CLEAN HOUSE.

So you want to fire a GM who hasnt even been in place a full season yet, who just ran his first draft, and by all accounts it looks like a pretty solid draft, bc a coach he didnt choose, is awful at his job?  That makes no sense.  Why hire a GM at all.  And what kind of candidate do you think you get when you just fired a top GM candidate less than a year after hiring him and he hasnt been given an opportunity to pick his coach OR his QB.  Firing Douglas is a terrible idea.

• Like 2

If I'm to believe the local media, BoB is on a hot seat right now - the offense completely imploding teamed up with DeAndre Hopkins going on at a record breaking pace is driving the point home, and the media has completely turned on BoB. 

I have a bit of a conspiracy running in my head, and it has to do with... former Texans GM Rick Smith.

Cal McNair is best friends with Smith - Smith is the godfather to Cal's kids, Cal was sitting front row with Smith at Rick's wife's funeral. Smith was relieved of duty to tend to his wife, who had breast cancer; He's referenced that he wants to get back to football in some capacity one day. Thing is, Smith's "Q" rating was incredibly low coming out of the job, it was a relief he was walking away to the Texans fanbase (myself included).

I THINK - Cal wants his best friend back, but he knows his perception. So, one thing that can be done is making the current guy shoot himself from the foot all the way to the crotch (because that's exactly what's going on here with BoB). Let BoB die by 10,000 cuts, get the city to hate him (because that's exactly what's going on now, BoB's "Q" rating is less than zero) and then Rick Smith comes riding in as the hero...

I could be delirious at this point. I dunno.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If I'm to believe the local media, BoB is on a hot seat right now - the offense completely imploding teamed up with DeAndre Hopkins going on at a record breaking pace is driving the point home, and the media has completely turned on BoB. 

I have a bit of a conspiracy running in my head, and it has to do with... former Texans GM Rick Smith.

Cal McNair is best friends with Smith - Smith is the godfather to Cal's kids, Cal was sitting front row with Smith at Rick's wife's funeral. Smith was relieved of duty to tend to his wife, who had breast cancer; He's referenced that he wants to get back to football in some capacity one day. Thing is, Smith's "Q" rating was incredibly low coming out of the job, it was a relief he was walking away to the Texans fanbase (myself included).

I THINK - Cal wants his best friend back, but he knows his perception. So, one thing that can be done is making the current guy shoot himself from the foot all the way to the crotch (because that's exactly what's going on here with BoB). Let BoB die by 10,000 cuts, get the city to hate him (because that's exactly what's going on now, BoB's "Q" rating is less than zero) and then Rick Smith comes riding in as the hero...

I could be delirious at this point. I dunno.

iiiiiiiiiiiii like it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

So you want to fire a GM who hasnt even been in place a full season yet, who just ran his first draft, and by all accounts it looks like a pretty solid draft, bc a coach he didnt choose, is awful at his job?  That makes no sense.  Why hire a GM at all.  And what kind of candidate do you think you get when you just fired a top GM candidate less than a year after hiring him and he hasnt been given an opportunity to pick his coach OR his QB.  Firing Douglas is a terrible idea.

I'm talking general terms and I think you know that. Enjoy the day.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

Yeah, the Falcons firing Dan Quinn looks like the quickest option this year.

With the losses they've had, it's certainly looking like he'll be the first head to roll.

The whole prediction is tough, because it's not who deserves to be fired most as much as it is which organization will fire a coach early in the season.  Especially if they feel the ship can be righted.  Falcons have a franchise QB and a division that looks pretty volatile right now, so it makes sense to see if an interim HC can right the ship a bit.

That W likely keeps Patricia OK until Black Monday (dead serious when I say this).   DET is not an org that usually makes changes in-season, yesterday's W with so many CB's out, it will be hailed as "Patricia D wizard" planning victory (when it's more Kyler was soooooo bad yesterday).

I said before there was no way anyone but Gase was going first - gotta hand it to ATL, they found a way to jump into the running.   If the Jets somehow beat DEN on TNF (and being a short week, and East coast game, it's certainly foreseeable), then Quinn moves ahead.    If DEN embarrasses NYJ, though, Gase sounds like he's done.    Leaked reports already said Gase's performance is being "monitored" on Sunday and TNF game.   So we'll see.

43 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

That W likely keeps Patricia OK until Black Monday (dead serious when I say this).   DET is not an org that usually makes changes in-season, yesterday's W with so many CB's out, it will be hailed as "Patricia D wizard" planning victory (when it's more Kyler was soooooo bad yesterday).

I said before there was no way anyone but Gase was going first - gotta hand it to ATL, they found a way to jump into the running.   If the Jets somehow beat DEN on TNF (and being a short week, and East coast game, it's certainly foreseeable), then Quinn moves ahead.    If DEN embarrasses NYJ, though, Gase sounds like he's done.    Leaked reports already said Gase's performance is being "monitored" on Sunday and TNF game.   So we'll see.

If Quinn wins the last 2 and doesn't blow historic leads, he seat is quite cool right now because it would have meant the Falcons were 2-1 after starting the last two seasons 1-4 and 1-7. Taking 3 weeks to get that 2nd win is better than taking 6 or 9. So massive improvement. And losing to what looks like a dominant Seattle team on opening day seems a lot less bad when you are 2-1 with wins over a Dallas team with an insane offense and bad luck and a Bears team that would be 2-1 themselves. Right now, the Falcons should be 2-1 and they're 0-3 BECAUSE of Quinn's coaching blunders. They're too talented on offense to not hold onto a pair of 15 point leads in back to back weeks. Unless they somehow win 10 of their remaining 13, Dan Quinn is going to be in a VERY bad way, VERY soon.

Edited by scar988