Investing In Linebackers

LETSGOBROWNIES

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

On an unrelated note, they're also both absolutely awful. I don't see the "athleticism" that Takitaki measured/displayed at all. 

I never saw it in his college film either. He's not good in space, tackling or coverage.  He should only be in the game for special teams or to blitz, but we don't have anybody else lol. 

20 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

I never saw it in his college film either. He's not good in space, tackling or coverage.  He should only be in the game for special teams or to blitz, but we don't have anybody else lol. 

The only thing he showed in college was a great motor and heart. He wasn’t anything special as a player. Just went all out like a missile every play. He was a wasted pick at the time and a waste of a roster spot now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The only thing he showed in college was a great motor and heart. He wasn’t anything special as a player. Just went all out like a missile every play. He was a wasted pick at the time and a waste of a roster spot now. 

Effort guys are great, and they help set the tone for other players, but they’re best left to being core special teamers tbh.

And you sure as hell don’t spend a 3rd round pick on them.

14 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

He's better off bulking up and trying his hand at being a Nate Orchard type edge rusher 

He has speed, if our defense play calling could get a little more creative I would love to send him off the edge a few times per game.

I thought he did that pretty well in college was make a bunch of plays in the backfield. Let him do what he's excels at and not try to make him into something he never was.

Put him in position to make plays, do t think the Browns are currently doing that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

That's okay, because so is the outside to the hash and also the outside to and outside of the numbers opposite of Ward, and then just to the hash and to the numbers towards Ward.

#Consistency

I think our corners are fine. Especially with Greedy and Johnson now back. I just wish that since they won’t sign a vet that they just get the best young possible safety and see if they develope, if it’s through FA or sniping practice squad player. Rather see a young guy out there make the same mistakes as sendejo. At least the young dude might learn and develop from it. Sendejo ain’t learning **** or getting better. 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

I think our corners are fine. Especially with Greedy and Johnson now back.

Maybe. Greedy is unproven at best.

I just wish that since they won’t sign a vet that they just get the best young possible safety and see if they develope, if it’s through FA or sniping practice squad player.

Or, we play Redwine and Harrison and cut bait with Sandejo. They're 23 years old, and he's old, proven, and worthless.

Rather see a young guy out there make the same mistakes as sendejo. At least the young dude might learn and develop from it. Sendejo ain’t learning **** or getting better. 

Exactly

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Maybe. Greedy is unproven at best.

Or, we play Redwine and Harrison and cut bait with Sandejo. They're 23 years old, and he's old, proven, and worthless.

Exactly

Greedy is unproven but he still is a guy you would want to be at least your 4th. Even ward Mitchell and Johnson would make a solid 3. I like the 4 corners we have. 

yeah I mentioned before redwine and Harrison prolly doesn’t know enough but I would still take them over Sendejo in a heartbeat

On 9/17/2020 at 1:20 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Another thing I notice is I feel like we never (rarely) go “brand name” at linebacker, it’s always some dude who experts have projected 2-3 rounds later and we’re gonna prove to everyone how smart we are.

At some point can we just take the guy who’s the household name, all Americans, etc?

I feel like Baltimore and Pittsburgh always do, so did Cincy when they were good.

Baltimore and Pittsburgh always drafting teens-late in the 1st round where guys like Bush, Shazier, Queen, Mosley, Timmons, etc. reside.

Although we've had those picks and didn't spend it on that position.  Id have to look draft by draft to see why we didn't take a guy like that. 

46 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Baltimore and Pittsburgh always drafting teens-late in the 1st round where guys like Bush, Shazier, Queen, Mosley, Timmons, etc. reside.

Although we've had those picks and didn't spend it on that position.  Id have to look draft by draft to see why we didn't take a guy like that. 

What if I knew of a way to get a later pick in the draft?  

saupload_entourage_bob_ryan.jpg