Bills Roster Moves 2020 Season

Trentwannabe

8 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Wonder if Beasley injury is a legit concern? Either way this would be amazing.

I dont think this impacts beasley more then it does brown. I have a feeling brown isnt 100% and if he goes down or isnt fully healed then they have a back up option in stills.

McD said Beasley is week to week and I am pretty sure Stills is more of an outside guy then a slot. I will take it though as I think this would help them no matter where he backups at on this team. More weapons for allen.

25 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I dont think this impacts beasley more then it does brown. I have a feeling brown isnt 100% and if he goes down or isnt fully healed then they have a back up option in stills.

McD said Beasley is week to week and I am pretty sure Stills is more of an outside guy then a slot. I will take it though as I think this would help them no matter where he backups at on this team. More weapons for allen.

I assume it’s probably both. No guarantee Brown can come off the Covid list ( although I’m positive he will) and Beasley being out makes us thin at WR.

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I assume it’s probably both. No guarantee Brown can come off the Covid list ( although I’m positive he will) and Beasley being out makes us thin at WR.

well even if Stills signs doesnt he have to sit out a week so he wouldnt even be available for this week and be ready for playoffs. I do hope that Beasley is good to go and that the injury is not serious. That will be crushing to this offense for playoffs. The crappy thing about it he was playing when Barkley was in when he should have been on the bench when he got injured.

57 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Some clarity to the Stills situation. Sounds like maybe the injuries expedited the meeting but it was something Beane wanted done before anyway.

I think it is a great look and perfect timing, it gives him 2 weeks to learn the playbook and he has recovered from injury. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Well glad to see JOhn Brown back in action hopefully he gets a limited snap count on Sunday. I dont want him to get hurt but at the dame time I want him to knock the rust off and get that chemistry between him and Allen before the playoffs as Beasley may not be available or limited in the 1st rd. Based on Nelson and Jennings signing as well as looking at Stills Beane is trying to give the Bills the best shot at giving Allen weapons in case one does go down. I also think that the loss of Kumerow to Saints was something Beane was anticipating and he doesnt want to run out of someone poaching guys who are in the process of learning the playbook then are lost to another team. Hopefully this deal with Stills will get done as it will also be able to give the bills an idea of whether they should look to add him for 2021 season as well. Could be a nice tryout and a sneaky sign this late in the year. Stills is still fairly young and with Brown going to be on his last year he may be able to fill in for the speedster once he hits free agency at 32-33 years old. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

JJ Nelson is a bit of a surprise. We signed Gary Jennings to PS and worked out both Gentry and Stills.... I would have expected Gentry as a signing. 

I would imagine Stills still does get signed. 

Nelson at least has proven production in the NFL. Albeit a few year removed. Gentry could be signed later if the Bills have injuries or guys sign elsewhere.

23 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Well glad to see JOhn Brown back in action hopefully he gets a limited snap count on Sunday. I dont want him to get hurt but at the dame time I want him to knock the rust off and get that chemistry between him and Allen before the playoffs as Beasley may not be available or limited in the 1st rd. Based on Nelson and Jennings signing as well as looking at Stills Beane is trying to give the Bills the best shot at giving Allen weapons in case one does go down. I also think that the loss of Kumerow to Saints was something Beane was anticipating and he doesnt want to run out of someone poaching guys who are in the process of learning the playbook then are lost to another team. Hopefully this deal with Stills will get done as it will also be able to give the bills an idea of whether they should look to add him for 2021 season as well. Could be a nice tryout and a sneaky sign this late in the year. Stills is still fairly young and with Brown going to be on his last year he may be able to fill in for the speedster once he hits free agency at 32-33 years old. 

Beane definitely being thorough with the position which is great. 

I had a similar though about Stills for 2021 and long term over Brown. Will be interesting to watch. 

7 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

As expected, a deal with Still gets done. 

You sir are on top of your scoop game.

Great to see the deal finally get done. Also Beane with the slow under the radar move of adding Gentry knowing he as old chemistry with Josh Allen. Could be interesting signing even if he doesnt get the play a game this year.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

So Stills being on PS. Should we expect him this week or will he sit if Beasley can go ?

Hard to say. McKenzie and Davis have earned “the right to play” and John Brown looked great.

If Beasley is back I’d say a zero percent chance but if he can’t go, I’d say more like 50/50 for him being called up