Bills Roster Moves 2020 Season

Trentwannabe

Have some big news today... Bills worked out Chad Kelly. Imagine it may just be competition gor Webb next year but this is big news just on name alone.

Im imagining that out QB room next year looks something like this.

Josh Allen / Jake Fromm / Davis Webb (Emergency QB) / Chad Kelly (Practice Squad QB). 

Will definitely be interesting with both Webb and Barkley set to be free agents.

Edited by Kmart128

10 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Have some big news today... Bills worked out Chad Kelly. Imagine it may just be competition gor Webb next year but this is big news just on name alone.

Im imagining that out QB room next year looks something like this.

Josh Allen / Jake Fromm / Davis Webb (Emergency QB) / Chad Kelly (Practice Squad QB). 

Will definitely be interesting with both Webb and Barkley set to be free agents.

I think the Bills want Barkley back. Webb too, though he may move into coaching. 

I don’t see Fromm surviving camp. If Kelly is signed I imagine it’s to a future contract. IMO it’s for intel on the Colts and a little nod to Jim.

57 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think the Bills want Barkley back. Webb too, though he may move into coaching. 

I don’t see Fromm surviving camp. If Kelly is signed I imagine it’s to a future contract. IMO it’s for intel on the Colts and a little nod to Jim.

I agree Barkley loves Buffalo for him and his family. I think he will stick around as him and Allen are good friends too. I think Chad Kelly would just be a camp body, I would rather stick with Fromm and see what he can do against Webb and Kelly. Kelly is to worried about partying he had multiple chances and blew it. I rather have a mature guy come in and play for the 3rd qb position. 

7 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Well who would be let go if they put him back on the psqaud? Duke Williams, as Gentry and Stills were just added and Gentry plays slot while kumerow and Duke are similar NO?

Probably dump Gentry if they did it. Kumerow was a key special teams guy for them and I think saw most action in the slot. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I like that this front office stays active. I doubt he is active Saturday but if the Bills win, he could be a nice piece moving forward. 

I like this move because Beane is proactive since COVID. Look at it if a player is signed they need 6 days to go through the COVID protocols before joining the team. This is being proactive thinking ahead while staying focused on the week. Beane is doing everything he can to make sure the bills aren't short. Same with bringing in a kicker in case Bass gets injured or sick before the game they can have someone fill in and not be caught because of COVID. So Freeman wont be active this week but if something happens in which the bills win and Williams, Singletary, or Yeldon go down they have a replacement on the roster and not scrambling to find a 3rd for the AFCCG if they make it there and deal with the COVID protocols at that time too.

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

So does this mean Williams will be signed to active roster? And Freeman will be William's replacment

I expect the bills to have both Williams and Yeldon active leaving out one of the 4 TEs that were active last week. 

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Is it time to activate Freeman, Antonio and stills this week? The run game was dreadful against the ravens. Singletary also seems to have been banged up towards the end of the game grabbing his hammy. KC run defense isnt good so we need to push that especially to keep Mahomes off the field.

Can only call up 2 a week from practice squad....

And to be fair that Ravens defense limited Derrick Henry. I didnt expect us to have any success on the ground against Baltimore.

9 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Can only call up 2 a week from practice squad....

And to be fair that Ravens defense limited Derrick Henry. I didnt expect us to have any success on the ground against Baltimore.

My understanding is you can bring as many psqaud to the active roster but 2 to bring up for that week. Not saying it would happen but if the bills do not like what they saw in yeldon then they can flat out cut yeldon and bring up freeman or Antonio as a 53 man(not counting on the 2 spots from psqaud) and then bring the other one up as a psqaud player. It is one thing to not have success on the ground its another thing to not even attempt it. We had zero design runs on offense in the 1st half and that was crazy to see as not many teams usually win when that happens. Teams will catch on whether its KC, or Winner of GB/TB.

Ideally I would like to have Stills activated as it looks like Gab Davis is dealing with a quad or hammy issue. He pulled up kind of lame during that Td attempt they had early on in the game and he just didnt look right. Not to mention Beasley seems to not be 100% either so some more help would be ideal for them going in to KC. Showing more weapons would be something that can be beneficial against this defense. Stills, Brown, Mckenzie with the end around runs or the bubble screens can allow these guys to turn up the field and go with their speed. This team has become more one dimensional since entering the playoffs and they need to start showing they can run the ball too. Bills have done a heck of a job but they do not look as complete as the remaining 3 teams do. Even with a banged up mahomes they have an overall solid team, if Allen got knocked out I dont think we could say the same for the bills if they were put in a situation like KC was yesterday. So I hope that they can get the run game going.

Edited by soflbillsfan