Week #2 General Discussion

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

After the KC/LAC game I was thinking there's no way the Chargers could go back to Tyrod after that performance from Herbert but apparently Anthony Lynn is a bad coach https://247sports.com/Article/Los-Angeles-Chargers-Justin-Herbert-debut-Tyrod-Taylor-will-start-if-healthy-Anthony-Lynn-Oregon-Ducks-Virginia-Tech-Hokies-151757649/

I like how he gives himself the wiggle room with “if healthy” and if “100%”. So if Tyrod is only 99.999%, Herbert starts again lol.

8 minutes ago, Xenos said:

With regards to the 4th down decisions, they have an analytics guy tell Lynn the probability. His name is Dan Shamash. It’s similar to the setup in Baltimore.

Very good to know. Thank you for the information. That gives me some comfort.

Just now, Kael said:

Very good to know. Thank you for the information. That gives me some comfort.

Lynn is definitely a weird mix though. He’s an old school coach in the veins of Marty and more precisely his mentor Parcells. But at the same time, I’m glad he’s open to trying new things.

Vikings and Eagles fans are probably ****ting a brick right about now. 

49ers fans are too of course. 

I will continue to watch Chargers games because of those uniforms BTW. At least Hebert has taken over and looks sharp. 

BTW Greg Jennings did another Packers game? Because of course he did. :)

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

9 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Vikings and Eagles fans are probably ****ting a brick right about now. 

If that means looking forward to SEC, Big Ten and possibly Pac 12 coming back and giving me some draft prospects to watch, then yes. I’m up at almost midnight racking my brain thinking about how high we could finish in the draft order.

9 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

After watching both Chargers games to start the season, going back to Tyrod would be a big mistake.

I'll give Lynn the benefit of the doubt and assume that's just a smokescreen. Perhaps he just wants to give Tyrod some respect before he's kicked to the curb. Later in the week he'll say Herbert is the starter, and everyone will forget about the entire thing when the Chargers are about to face off against the Panthers. 

No way can he go back to Tyrod. Hebert actually looks pretty good out there in limited action. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe