Week #2 General Discussion

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

Wow the refs were really desperate to give the Texans time for that FG? Why wasn't there a clock run when they declined that second illegal timeout?

On a defensive penalty the clock doesn't start until the whistle blows. But the Ravens took a TO before that.

And lol thinking the refs gifted us time. The ball was place and then kicked when there was like 5 seconds left. We easily would have had time to clock it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leoric said:

It'd be the perhaps the darkest horse ever. Chiefs are a divison rival for us. It's a huge game no matter what. Add in that they are the defending champs and have the most exciting young QB since Vick and you've got today's game.

Chargers always play us well, too. They hit a few of our weaknesses, with the great passing game to the RBs, against our weak LBs, and the pass rush without having to blitz much. This shouldn't be super surprising. I'd be surprised if we don't get rolling at some point in the game, but one half isn't the most shocking thing, based on past LAC/KC games.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

On a defensive penalty the clock doesn't start until the whistle blows. But the Ravens took a TO before that.

And lol thinking the refs gifted us time. The ball was place and then kicked when there was like 5 seconds left. We easily would have had time to clock it.

It was a defensive penalty so there was no 10 second run off. That is the correct answer to my question, I realized. Sucks for the Ravens that even though the flag wasn't accepted, it gave them a free timeout but the correct implementation by the refs. 

The refs did help you out. THat drive was dead on that sack, and there was a soft illegal contact on Averett that saved it. I never said anything about the last snap.

Edited by wackywabbit

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

It was a defensive penalty so there was no 10 second run off. That is the correct answer to my question, I realized. Sucks for the Ravens that even though the flag wasn't accepted, it gave them a free timeout but the correct implementation by the refs. 

The refs did help you out. THat drive was dead on that sack, and there was a soft illegal contact on Averett that saved it. I never said anything about the last snap.

So they were desperate to give us a chance for a FG based on one soft call?

• Like 2

Just now, candyman93 said:

Chiefs are being held to 6 points at half time.😳

Love divisional games -- Chargers are playing really well but you can feel that extra effort from their side being that it's a divisional rival coming into their brand new stadium.

7 minutes ago, Tex said:

Ravens really trying to cheat to stop that FG from happening? Kicking the ball around and holding down the receiver. lol

Before that Peters did the most classless (yet funny) thing I've seen on a field in a while. Pretended to help the WR up and when he grabbed his hand he actually started pushing him down to make sure he couldn't get up so clock would run.