Isaiah Wilson

AirMcNair

I watched a really good video by Flemlo on Youtube about Isaiah Wilson. Obviously, the kid has been in some trouble, but also posted on his instagram story "I hate life, I'm effing up, I'm not myself." Definitely a big cause for concern. I'm not sure what is really going on with him and I want to see him on the field this year, but I think we as fans need to look at the situation and wonder if he's actually okay. I"ll drop the video here so you can see what Flemlo has to say about it. What do you guys think is going to happen with Wilson?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl-l6KWmzbg&ab_channel=FlemLoRaps

I believe this will be a redshirt season from Wilson. I believe he’s going to be suspended & I hope he does but more importantly I hope the vets pick the kid up & mentor him. As I’ve said when it happened, it’s easy to past judgment, call him a clown, & point the finger because he’s a millionaire, but as I’ve said before money will destroy a person battling demons, or issues who perhaps never had nothing. I’m praying for him we’re not perfect 

3 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I thought it was going to be a wasted draft pick before the off-the-field stuff, so I don't think it bothers me as much because I subconsciously don't feel like it changes anything. Drafting Isiah WIlson was a massive reach. 

Same about him being a luxury pick.  I had him under Ezra Cleveland and Josh Jones.  I get that he's more of a RT than those two are, but there had to be some signs that his behavior would be the issue it already is.

Of course, those two haven't played yet either, so who knows?

I'm hoping he's either going through some stuff that hasn't been publicized or he's being a dumb kid and has gotten this out of his system now and starts taking things more seriously.  He wasn't a bad prospect, I just thought he was more of a second rounder.  That said, I definitely think this stuff affects his status because I assumed we'd be able to count on him coming in next year and even as out OT3 this season.  Now I don't know if he's gonna be staying with the team if he doesn't clean up.

10 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Was Wilson drafted to play OT? Did they ever confirm if he was staying at RT or moving inside?

I think he has a better chance kicking inside.

I think he’s athletic enough to play on the outside, the talent is there he’s raw from a technique standpoint though, hand placement. He needs a mentor & to buy into the culture. I watched a lot of his highlight films, & what I see is David Stewart, long arms Playa nasty with attitude & finish runs 

11 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Was Wilson drafted to play OT? Did they ever confirm if he was staying at RT or moving inside?

I think he has a better chance kicking inside.

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

I think he’s athletic enough to play on the outside, the talent is there he’s raw from a technique standpoint though, hand placement. He needs a mentor & to buy into the culture. I watched a lot of his highlight films, & what I see is David Stewart, long arms Playa nasty with attitude & finish runs 

Yeah, I would agree that he projects more as a tackle than a guard.  That plus a luxury pick on a guard who might start next year is awfully low value for a first rounder, even one at the tail end of the round.  They may kick him inside, but if they do, it won't be because they planned to IMO.

1 hour ago, VY-FTW said:

So I know he had off the field stuff happen. Does that mean hes not playing this year at all or do we not know? Sorry really haven't payed any attention to him since he was drafted. Wasn't a big fan but just trusted Jrob but yeah lol

Well considering he’s been on the COVID list twice, has a DUI now, and was at a party during these times shows where his mind is at right now. Plus he’s out of shape, his technique is garbage, and so far Kelly has played extremely well. Assuming injuries don’t pile up, I don’t expect to see Wilson at all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...