Isaiah Wilson

AirMcNair

On 10/23/2020 at 6:43 PM, TitanSS said:

My biggest criticism about Robinson would probably be his tendency to focus in on a single position in the first round. He either reaches or trades up to get his guy.

I wish we would have traded up if he was focused on getting an OT because there were 5 1st round OTs in the last draft and we took the 6th one.

Gladeney or Diggs in Dallas would have made me happy. 

I don't like OL in the fist especially one with so many questions we him. 

7 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Some seemingly positive reporting on Wilson. Meaningless right now but worth sharing 

Maybe we can get him in as a 6th OL down the line just to give him some experience. Get his feet wet a little, so to speak. As down as I am on him right now, a part of me still feels he could become a serviceable starting RT for us down the line. Like a Marcus Cannon type player/career.

Davis seemed like a lost cause at this point last season... and this year hes been invisible... which is great for a starting guard.

Wilson is a different type of lost though.  Wasnt expecting much this season with Kelley on board... but with Lewan now gone, I thought it would make sense to plug Wilson in at rt at some point and swinging Kelley to the left side... but Kelley just had one of the worst games this past week I can recall from any lineman... and that's saying a lot with some of the guys we've started the past decade.

If Kelley doesn't rebound, Wilson needs to be ready to play soon.

On 10/27/2020 at 10:24 PM, ragevsuall17 said:

Davis seemed like a lost cause at this point last season... and this year hes been invisible... which is great for a starting guard.

Wilson is a different type of lost though.  Wasnt expecting much this season with Kelley on board... but with Lewan now gone, I thought it would make sense to plug Wilson in at rt at some point and swinging Kelley to the left side... but Kelley just had one of the worst games this past week I can recall from any lineman... and that's saying a lot with some of the guys we've started the past decade.

If Kelley doesn't rebound, Wilson needs to be ready to play soon.

We've been able to give him a ton of help with Lewan at LT. I would imagine a lot of that help went to the other side of the line last week.

On 10/29/2020 at 5:14 PM, TitanSS said:

We've been able to give him a ton of help with Lewan at LT. I would imagine a lot of that help went to the other side of the line last week.

Sambrialo had taken 43% of the snaps at LT so its not that clear cut, I don't think. 

But you may be right... we may have been sliding help towards Kelley... until last week, where we may have slid help back to the left side. Kelley had not only one of his worst games, but one of the worst games I've seen from a lineman period. Almost all penetration i saw was on his man. It was freaking horrible, but hopefully just an outlier. 

But even on those plays, Davis didn't appear to be at fault. He definitely seems like he's come into his own. 

30 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Sambrialo had taken 43% of the snaps at LT so its not that clear cut, I don't think. 

But you may be right... we may have been sliding help towards Kelley... until last week, where we may have slid help back to the left side. Kelley had not only one of his worst games, but one of the worst games I've seen from a lineman period. Almost all penetration i saw was on his man. It was freaking horrible, but hopefully just an outlier. 

But even on those plays, Davis didn't appear to be at fault. He definitely seems like he's come into his own. 

davis has been one of the quieter success stories of the season. that 2019 draft class is blossoming into an absolute home run for jon robinson.

3 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Kelly was awful on Sunday 

very challenging matchup, but awful nonetheless 

• 2 months later...

Wilson’s clearly a bust in my eyes but outside of the Tanny and Henry deals the entire offseason has turned out to be a total disaster.

- Beasley didnt even care about football.

- Clowney had very little impact rushing the passer and then injured for the year.

- 1st rounder not even practice squad worthy.

- 2nd rounder basically injured all year.

- 3rd rounder also basically injured all year.

- 4th-7th rounders little to no impact.

- Lose Casey, Ryan, and Pees

Tough to improve when your top FA additions flop, your entire draft class gives you virtually nothing, and you lose key components and head of your defense.

I thought the loss of Pees would be the biggest challenge but as it turns out that in and of itself was too much to overcome for the defense. The injuries and busts (Beasley) were just overkill to the point of one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

18 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Wilson’s clearly a bust in my eyes but outside of the Tanny and Henry deals the entire offseason has turned out to be a total disaster.

- Beasley didnt even care about football.

- Clowney had very little impact rushing the passer and then injured for the year.

- 1st rounder not even practice squad worthy.

- 2nd rounder basically injured all year.

- 3rd rounder also basically injured all year.

- 4th-7th rounders little to no impact.

- Lose Casey, Ryan, and Pees

Tough to improve when your top FA additions flop, your entire draft class gives you virtually nothing, and you lose key components and head of your defense.

I thought the loss of Pees would be the biggest challenge but as it turns out that in and of itself was too much to overcome for the defense. The injuries and busts (Beasley) were just overkill to the point of one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

Yeah, absolutely disaster of an offseason other than Tannehill/Henry deals

i know injuries are unpredictable and a part of the game, but we got NOTHING from this years draft class. And only Fulton/Evans seem like the only ones with potential to be guys with any sort of a future here.

He’s not around the team at all the titans he’s on the reserve none football illness the titans allowed him to seek outside help he’s doing nothing but bringing in the new yr with a small set of people I didn’t see no more than like 8-10 people wow, because he’s away from the team he can’t celebrate new yrs 😩