Pat Elflein to IR

JDBrocks

While I think all intent at the time he was drafted was to put him at OT, I think once they got a hold of him (in a virtual way), it's quite possible they changed their mind and decided to move him inside. Since that comment from Spielman, it doesn't appear they've even considered moving him outside.  

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

While I think all intent at the time he was drafted was to put him at OT, I think once they got a hold of him (in a virtual way), it's quite possible they changed their mind and decided to move him inside. Since that comment from Spielman, it doesn't appear they've even considered moving him outside.  

if that's the case then yeah I would not mind giving him a shot soon either. i can see the argument of him not being much worse than we currently have, and that the reps could help him. i am just wary of throwing a guy in there before he is ready as I have the memories of TJ Clemmings and Willie Beavers all too present in my imagination.

16 minutes ago, erickendricks4pf said:

i am just wary of throwing a guy in there before he is ready as I have the memories of TJ Clemmings and Willie Beavers all too present in my imagination.

Which is fully understandable.  It did work out with O'Neill though.  The main issue I had with Clemmings and Beaver moreso was that they jerked them around, moving them left and right instead of just letting them develop at one spot or one side.  It's why I've been hesitant at moving O'Neill to LT.  You got a good thing going with him at RT, leave him there and then find yourself a LT in the draft.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

Just now, TENINCH said:

Watch a team line the Packers pick him up next year and turn him into a pro bowl level player.

Well, I'd question it more than if that had happened with any of the others...but, it hasn't.  There isn't a single one of those guys that got better anywhere else.

• Like 1