RamRod

Rams extend Robert Woods - 4 yrs, 68M

There’s been talks about this happening soon.

I’ll update the thread when/if it happens.

Go for it Rams. I wanted this man in horns back when he was a draft prospect, it’ll be nice to hold onto him for the rest of his prime. What was Buffalo thinking letting him go??

• Like 2

Y-E-S!!! I dont know why so many people just assumed the drafting of Van Jefferson meant Woods would be gone. Lock him up just like you did Kupp. Van is on his rookie contract and by the time Van is due for an extension Woods will be mid 30s then you can let him walk. Van can be eased in and learn but right now Kupp and Woods are very underrated duo in the NFL and I dont want to see that go away any time soon. So again extend Woods and lets keep the chemistry going with Kupp, Woods, Higbee, and the development of Jefferson. Now I dont see Reynolds staying so Jefferson being draft COULD me bye bye to Reynolds unless he takes a team friendly deal when his contract is up. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

Go for it Rams. I wanted this man in horns back when he was a draft prospect, it’ll be nice to hold onto him for the rest of his prime. What was Buffalo thinking letting him go??

Buffalo let him walk because he was no good for the team. Just like Welker and Edelman wasnt no good for their teams then went to New England and became studs for Brady and that offense. Woods is perfect for McVay and that offense that he never was in Buffalo because the QB and the system wasnt great. Plus the perception of USC receivers in the NFL hung over his head. That is no more when you think of Woods and JuJu in Pittsburgh. 

16 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Buffalo let him walk because he was no good for the team. Just like Welker and Edelman wasnt no good for their teams then went to New England and became studs for Brady and that offense. Woods is perfect for McVay and that offense that he never was in Buffalo because the QB and the system wasnt great. Plus the perception of USC receivers in the NFL hung over his head. That is no more when you think of Woods and JuJu in Pittsburgh. 

It almost slipped mind that Buffalo had a QB carousel going on before Josh Allen, and THAT can stunt the growth of any WR/TE.

22 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Y-E-S!!! I dont know why so many people just assumed the drafting of Van Jefferson meant Woods would be gone. Lock him up just like you did Kupp. Van is on his rookie contract and by the time Van is due for an extension Woods will be mid 30s then you can let him walk. Van can be eased in and learn but right now Kupp and Woods are very underrated duo in the NFL and I dont want to see that go away any time soon. So again extend Woods and lets keep the chemistry going with Kupp, Woods, Higbee, and the development of Jefferson. Now I dont see Reynolds staying so Jefferson being draft COULD me bye bye to Reynolds unless he takes a team friendly deal when his contract is up. 

Agreed. Hopefully Reynolds can ball out to drive up his stock so we could get good draft capital, I like the wait and see approach; it’s something we can afford to do with all of the talent we have at WR

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised when I first saw they were looking to do that. I figured between Goff’s contract, then paying both Ramsey and Kupp, that Woods would fall victim to our lack of cap space. It really looks like they’re finding a way to make it work though—very happy to see that. He’s been a great part of this team and has been a huge factor in turning it around coming in with the McVay regime. 

• Like 1

It’s funny... I remember when we first signed him thinking how we overpaid and that he was just OK. Couldn’t have been more wrong. It turned out we got him for a bargain price when it’s all said and done. Now it looks like he’ll finish out his career with us. Just awesome to see. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How do you guys feel about this contract?

Great! Well-deserved. Keeping on offense the main core to help Goff in Kupp Woods and Higbee while allowing the rookie Jefferson to develop so by the time Woods contract nears the end Jefferson should be more than ready to step right in and be a stud for the Rams. So again I love it. 

• Like 1