TNF GAMEDAY THREAD- WEEK 2: CIN vs. CLE

Johnny Nix

Who comes out on top?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who comes out on top?

• Browns
    • Bengals

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Yeah, it’s not a pretty slate of pass rushers. But according to PFF Burrow will have the 3rd easiest schedule remaining starting next week. So we have that going for us, which is nice.

The Ravens pass rush didn't look all that good this past Sunday in all honesty

10 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Actually just did the math, Joe Burrow threw the ball 61 times on a average of 5 yards per completion. 5 yards.... five.

---Derek Carr has entered the chat.

----Alex Smith has left the chat

I think you meant per attempt.   It's still bad, but no where near as bad as per completion.  And let's be honest, the ypa was a lot more about the OL than it was about Burrow

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Like you said, this line is downright miserable. I don't think there's a QB in the league that could thrive with it.

There are two. Kyler Murray and Russel Wilson.

your point was made and taken, I just hate that I have to face these two guys for 25% of my teams games for the next ~10 years

1 hour ago, Drained said:

Everyone talking about Joseph Burrow but I'm just wondering

How did Browns fans feel about the play last night compared to last year?

The playcalling and game plan last night was great and better than anything we saw last year. Still way too early to say what this team will be this year; I have a feeling it'll be a pretty up-and-down season. Our offense will need to carry the team this year, as our defense is really, really bad. But hopefully our defense will become at least somewhat competent once we get some guys back, as we've been missing a few starters so far.

45 minutes ago, animaltested said:

That game was cursed.

Cinncy paying Mixon 48 million to have like 2 touches in the 2nd half.

Cleveland spending a #1 pick on a QB you are most comfortable with the game on the line, handing the ball off 8-9 times in a row. 

Not that you're wrong about Mayfield in spirit, but Bengals gave no reason to call a pass on that last drive.

12 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

i was watching the gm

and reading twitter

you would think burrow was the best qb in the nfl by the way ppl were talking about him on twitter

Its because the national media wants Joe Burrow to be good so bad they overhype everything he does. Hes going to be good, dont get me wrong but the constant drooling is getting a bit excessive especially for a team thats 0-2.

17 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its because the national media wants Joe Burrow to be good so bad they overhype everything he does. 

Talk about a false narrative. You are really underestimating just how impressive it is for a rookie to be playing this well early. Especially considering the shortened offseason and lack of preseason action. All the traits that made him the first overall pick are transitioning to the next level quicker than even most Bengal/Burrow fans would have hoped. He’s far more advanced than the average rookie. It’s not just the media praising him, it’s everyone including the media. There’s no ulterior motive, he’s just been that impressive. And honestly, if he was playing like crap, the narrative would be he’s a product of Joe Brady’s system QB at LSU. The media would tear him apart. 

17 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hes going to be good, dont get me wrong but the constant drooling is getting a bit excessive especially for a team thats 0-2.

The team is 0-2, not just Burrow. He threw the game winning TD that was called back against LAC. And threw three TDs against CLE when his defense couldn’t get a stop to save their lives.

• Like 2