Bye Week GDT Edition (Week 5)

iLikeDefense

I still don't understand why Max Garcia is getting as much playing time as he has.  He's been a revolving door in pass pro.

I haven't watched closely enough, but the only reasonable explanation is because he's been good run blocking. 

Anyone else have any thoughts on that?

4 hours ago, germ-x said:

I still don't understand why Max Garcia is getting as much playing time as he has.  He's been a revolving door in pass pro.

I haven't watched closely enough, but the only reasonable explanation is because he's been good run blocking. 

Sorry, I never did get it. 

Really slow off the snap, very slow, almost dead hands. An absolute turnstile in pass pro. Takes forever to get to his pass set, by then any decent DL will be past him.

Below average in run blocking. He occasionally gets a splash block but that's about it. 

If his only assignments were drive blocks he'd be okay but nothing more.

Just my opinion but I don't think he has the skill set or physical ability to play in the OL at this level., 

15 hours ago, germ-x said:

Garcia is a weird one. He gets worse every year. He actually played quite well as a rookie in the rotation with Vasquez and Evan Mathis, then was poor at LG last year and has been atrocious this year 

I am a bit worried about the Giants game. They are a flawed team, but they are not 0-5 bad and actually have some good talent. I worry that they may use the Odell injury to rally and play super, super motivated.

Then again when teams start to spiral like NYG, they tend to keep spiraling.

Really sad to see JJ and Odell go down this weekend. Watt is so fun to watch, and is universally loved around the league from players to coaches to fans. He is the best 34DE ever and its sad to see him basically lose two years straight. And Odell is a diva at times, but he is so fun to watch and truly loves the game. I was looking forward to him and CHJR battling next weekend.

9 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I am a bit worried about the Giants game. They are a flawed team, but they are not 0-5 bad and actually have some good talent. I worry that they may use the Odell injury to rally and play super, super motivated.

Really sad to see JJ and Odell go down this weekend. Watt is so fun to watch, and is universally loved around the league from players to coaches to fans. He is the best 34DE ever and its sad to see him basically lose two years straight. And Odell is a diva at times, but he is so fun to watch and truly loves the game. I was looking forward to him and CHJR battling next weekend.

With how bad the Giants OL and offense has been it's just really hard to see us giving this one up imo

49 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

They match up well against our passing offense with their edge rushers and corners. But they cannot stop the run. Just run the ball and get turnovers and Denver should cruise to a two-score win. 

agreed!

I'll have the week 6 GDT up tomorrow morning!

16 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

They have some good talent but their good talent is injured. Their OL is a dumpster fire. They have no RBs. They currently have a bunch of practice squad WRs and a hobbled Sterling Shepard. Evan Engram is a good weapon.

Defensively they have talent, but they're incredibly vulnerable. Especially if they can't stay on the field offensively. We should be able to stymie them relatively easily, particularly at home.

On 10/6/2017 at 1:05 PM, Broncofan said:

Our only real shot at a RT upgrade is with a team with nothing to play for, a QB they don’t care about long term, and a T they aren’t attached to as part of their future core.  

The teams who are thinking 2018 are likely the 0-4 teams.  The Browns see both their T as 2018 core guys.    The Chargers don’t upgrade us (plus AFCW trades so rare).   The G-Men don’t upgrade us and they would be crucified for doing a rebuild trade anyways.      Hou is a contender and as covered before, they hold all the cards with Duane Brown under the current CBA, he’s not going anywhere  for a discount.

The only real fit I see is SF and Staley.   Wonder what their price is and if he’s comfortable playing RT.  Add it all up, seems like long odds to upgrade RT further this trade deadline.  

BTW, just re-read the original piece - and Duane Brown can't skip more than 8 weeks, not 6 - but the original point still holds...Texans hold the leverage there.  

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/04/duane-brown-says-he-will-end-his-holdout-but-doesnt-say-when/

Archived