This Ain’t Ravens Talk

diamondbull424

21 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Jermaine Eluemunor is the starting RT for the Patriots. He had at least one terrible whiff is pass blocking that made me notice him.

Yeah I noticed him in there too. It’s funny on the play where I said, “oh I didn’t know he was starting for the Patriots now, I wonder if they did a magical job with him over there.” That very play I made the discovery was the play where he got blown up and Newton had to make something happen, breakaway from the sack, and toss it away for a good play out of less than nothing.

4 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

It still makes me happy to see Waller doing so well with the Raiders.

Sometimes I think about the team drafting Chubb over Hurst and then us having had a three headed TE monster with Waller, Boyle, and Andrews with Chubb running out of the backfield along with Lamar. Would’ve been pretty scary.

The Steelers are getting heavily overrated by the national media IMO.

They're 4th in NFL.com power rankings and they've beaten Daniel Jones and Jeff Driscoll.

I've watched both games and that defense has given up a lot of 3rd downs and passing chunk plays. It's just that so far, both those QBs have fumbled/thrown picks at the most inopportune times.

12 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

The Steelers are getting heavily overrated by the national media IMO.

They're 4th in NFL.com power rankings and they've beaten Daniel Jones and Jeff Driscoll.

I've watched both games and that defense has given up a lot of 3rd downs and passing chunk plays. It's just that so far, both those QBs have fumbled/thrown picks at the most inopportune times.

People really REALLY want the Steelers to be good again.

• Like 1

I think the Steelers aren’t necessarily overrated. They remind me a lot of the Phil Jackson Lakers coached teams where they’re constantly playing down to the level of their competition. They’re not a ruthless team like the Patriots that want to defeat you and then go for the jugular.

It seemed like in those games they had periods where they looked unstoppable and then kind of at that point where you thought the game would be over, they would let the other team get back into it... and then when they needed to they handled business, they did. I suppose another proper comparison is the Ravens under Joe Flacco. That was a huge issue with those teams, playing to their competition.

So I don’t really judge the Steelers based off of the QBs they’ve faced and what not. They’re a serious threat because they’re a giant killer that likes to play with ants.

edit: they’re a classic 10-6/11-5 regular season team that “gets hot” at the end and catch fire in the playoffs type team if I’ve ever seen one. They have the talent of the 13-3 type squads but will likely drop a couple extra games than they should because they’re playing around too much.

Edited by diamondbull424

I think the people are overrating the Steelers because offensive line play has been real sloppy so far. A team like the Steelers, which has a tough front 7 that can generate pressure with a variety of blitzes, looks great at this stage of the season. Once offensive lines start to gel a bit better, the Steelers front 7 won't be as tough to deal with. 

On 9/22/2020 at 2:22 PM, berlin calling said:

I'd like to see Roethlisberger midseason before calling them a contender. Not so sure his arm can keep the pace of 35+ throws per game. And he'll have to throw a lot against better competition. 

Yep, Giants and a hobbled Broncos team (a game they nearly lost at home)