This Ain’t Ravens Talk

diamondbull424

17 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

You can if you’re secondary is great in zone coverage. Our secondary and LBs aren’t as disciplined in zone. They blow way too many coverages when they’ve gone to those looks.

The drop off in Zone Coverage potential from Earl Thomas to Deshon Elliot was always going to be steep, and Queen has looked every bit the Rookie in this regard more than any other.

So we'll definitely be vulnerable in zone looks if things stay as they are. Hopefully though, we can see some major leaps out of young players occupying key roles by regular season's end.

38 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

The drop off in Zone Coverage potential from Earl Thomas to Deshon Elliot was always going to be steep, and Queen has looked every bit the Rookie in this regard more than any other.

So we'll definitely be vulnerable in zone looks if things stay as they are. Hopefully though, we can see some major leaps out of young players occupying key roles by regular season's end.

I’ll definitely buy that. Even with that though while I’d put our corners with the Pats in coverage, probably even ahead when we’ve got Tavon Young in tow, I don’t think our guys are as good as the Pats corners in zone. Humphrey is known to blow some looks on occasion as well.

I definitely think we can do better against them than we did, but I still think football is a game of matchups and we don’t particularly matchup well with the Chiefs. Our most ideal path would be the Patriots or Bills facing the Chiefs and taking them out. We matchup far better with the Pats and while the Bills aren’t a matchup favor, they’re also not as much of a matchup problem as the Chiefs. They’re speed isn’t as profound as the Chiefs. Their offense isn’t as creative (even if it’s great at what it does, it seems like the kind of offense that by seasons end people will catch on to some of what they like to do and develop some quality game plans against it).

36 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Maybe buts Pats are mostly a man team, not zone. 

Yup. But they’ve done an excellent job with zone looks and zone discipline when they’ve gone to it in the past... as well as in that game.

They’re less man heavy defensively than we are. Their defense is far more disciplined regardless of whether they’re in zone or man though... which obviously comes from having more experience in their key secondary roles (and really throughout its back 7 I suppose).

I have hope that we can improve but ideally our defense should start practicing some “in-game reps” in zone coverage in the next blowout win where the opposing offense is going pass heavy. Get some live ammunition thrown their way and see how they react and adjust, while continuing to drill their communication in practice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to figure out flex play in my big money fantasy league. A lot of similar, imperfect options for this week. 14-team, 0.5 ppr (standard scoring otherwise)

John brown, WR, Buf

marvin Jones, WR, Det

Denzel Mims, WR, NYJ

perine, RB, NYJ

gus Edwards, RB, Bal

Dallas Goedert, TE, Phi