This Ain’t Ravens Talk

diamondbull424

50 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I'm as low on this current Ravens team as anyone, but I think there's a solid chance we win out to close the season.

The Steelers are nowhere near as good as their record would have some believe, the Browns are the Browns, and frankly- the Cowboys, Jaguars, Giants, and now Burrowless Bengals are all trash heap teams.

I'm expecting a strong finish for the regular season, one that will allow failing components like Roman to keep their job. And then the traditional first round exit in the playoffs we've now grown accustomed to in the Harbaugh-Jackson era. Sounds about right to me.

Agreed.

I think the team needs to have the approach that the playoffs start this week. I know they like to say, “every next game is a huge game” and all, but they really need to believe it. Because really, this is a playoff game for this team. If the Ravens win here, they still control their destiny. A win strengthens our conference record for playoff tie breaker scenarios. It strengthens our division tie breaking scenarios against the Browns and of course, it puts a W in the win column.

If the team has the mindset that they can lose this game and still make the playoffs: 1) they will probably lose this game and 2) they won’t have the kind of mindset to actually succeed if they make the postseason. Thus I’d rather, if we lose to the Steelers in a fair contest (I mean, if its some bogus game that’s handed to them by the refs or some trashy result than whatever), the team just not make it to the playoffs... and force the organization to soul search about how to improve this team moving forward... and give them a better draft pick in so doing.

Call it a loser way to look at it. But I’d rather miss the playoffs and finish 8-8 than to make it, allowing the organization to use Covid-19 as a scapegoat to keep all the coaches around, and get eliminated in the 1st round because the team shows once again to be mentally weak.

This adversity that this team is experiencing right now is a good thing, but it won’t be a good thing if they can’t show they can rebound from it. Such would be an admission of their inability to lead these units and thus someone needs to be replaced, particularly Roman. He’s the most obvious fall guy. Just as long as Harbaugh doesn’t use it as an opportunity to bring in another one of his dad’s old golf buddies or someone that used to play with his brother Jim or some type of nonsense.

I like Harbaugh, but if we miss the playoffs this season or even experience a first round exit this season, I think he should be on the very warm seat in 2021. If we perform well below expectations, then fire him, but if we just narrowly hit expected targets, like with this season than a very hot seat in 2022, where we strongly consider firing him mid season and going with an interim if he loses the team early.

I know, we’re 6-4 and I need to “calm down” and all, but the organization has to be thinking 10 moves ahead in all of this IMO. The mediocre team we had prior to Lamar can’t be allowed to continue and things are beginning to trend in that direction.

• Like 2

The Ravens close out the week as the 8th seed just above the Miami Dolphins. Keeps us in the playoffs given a COVID type scenario. Though we’re .500 in the conference at 4-4, we drop against the Steelers and the Dolphins, who have played less conference games could comeback and pass us in tie-breaking scenarios.

6 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Joe Flacco bombing TDs to Breshad Perriman, in 2020, for the Jets, is as clear a sign as any that there's a rip in the universe and dark energies have been harnessed against us.

It shows the Ravens have an organization problem when it comes to WRs and scheme, lol. And to be fair, PERRY-MAN has matured.

Since the team is a disaster movie right now, let's try to brighten things up with some OT chatter-

Christmas will be here soon enough. Anyone have some gift/purchase recommendations? Or even some favorite Christmas movies that might be a little under the radar? 

I got the Valve Index for my little brothers last Christmas. Now, with COVID hitting we've all been around our parents house more than usual and I've really enjoyed playing the thing. I definitely recommend it to anyone looking to step into the VR gaming world.

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Since the team is a disaster movie right now, let's try to brighten things up with some OT chatter-

Christmas will be here soon enough. Anyone have some gift/purchase recommendations? Or even some favorite Christmas movies that might be a little under the radar? 

I got the Valve Index for my little brothers last Christmas. Now, with COVID hitting we've all been around our parents house more than usual and I've really enjoyed playing the thing. I definitely recommend it to anyone looking to step into the VR gaming world.

I’m sure you meant new Christmas movies, but an oldie that I’ve always loved was Serendipity... corny, I know... but I feel most Christmas movies are... only its corny WITH John Cusak and Kate Beckinsale. 😆

In terms of the Valve Index... how does it compare to Oculus? I’m assuming its better since it’s more high end, is it sort of the gaming computer of VR while Oculus’ is more gaming console (PS4/Xbox)? Or is there little difference in the experience (assuming you’ve used an Oculus of course).

So far, the Ravens playoff hopes were improved this week. Could have gotten better had the Browns lost obviously. But the Pats winning has them closer to us in the playoff race, but it also keeps them competitive in the playoff race to hope to take down the rest of their AFCE competitors who are also pushing for playoff spots in the Dolphins and Bills.

But the Raiders losing will keep us neck and neck with them for that spot. The Colts losing was ideal as we have the tie breaker with them... and tbqh I’d much rather play the Titans in the playoffs than that Colts defense, they’ll both be tough, but I prefer that matchup more... plus the Colts, assuming they make the playoffs, will be IMO a team that could upset one of the top two seeds if both their defense and offense play up to their capacity.

Tyreek Hill and Mahomes are showing what the difference is between them and Hollywood/Lamar. Hill gets open consistently, but Mahomes is such a pinpoint passer that Hill doesn't need to do anything extra most of the time, the ball is right where it needs to be.

Lamar, on the other hand, basically out here throwing jump balls to Hollywood or asking him to Moss people instead of floating it and letting Hollywood's speed do everything else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Tyreek Hill and Mahomes are showing what the difference is between them and Hollywood/Lamar. Hill gets open consistently, but Mahomes is such a pinpoint passer that Hill doesn't need to do anything extra most of the time, the ball is right where it needs to be.

Lamar, on the other hand, basically out here throwing jump balls to Hollywood or asking him to Moss people instead of floating it and letting Hollywood's speed do everything else.

Them: Nordstroms

Us: Goodwill

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Tyreek is also elite at tracking the ball and getting to the right spot at full speed. Even the very good deep passes by Mahomes are likely drops half the time for normal receivers, because deep passes are harder to locate and catch. I remember at least one play where Hill was able to slow down turn around and do a 360 to catch the ball while still pulling away for the deep TD. There was another throw to one of his other receivers where Mahomes was slightly behind/late that would have been another 80 yard TD and the receiver dropped it. That's what I imagine happening for us. 

Hill does quite a bit extra IMO. Even after getting open.

Edited by wackywabbit

On 11/28/2020 at 9:30 PM, diamondbull424 said:

In terms of the Valve Index... how does it compare to Oculus? I’m assuming its better since it’s more high end, is it sort of the gaming computer of VR while Oculus’ is more gaming console (PS4/Xbox)? Or is there little difference in the experience (assuming you’ve used an Oculus of course).

TBH, I've never used the Oculus. Can't really speak to the differences between the two, only to the flawless performance of the Valve Index.

• Like 1