This Ain’t Ravens Talk

diamondbull424

49 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

@diamondbull424 ^^^Thanks for sharing that.  I was definitely one of the people floating his name and I had no idea that was going on.

Yeah, it’s literally crazy. Only two people at the Stanford program knew; the AD and his DC. That’s crazy to me. If we ever get rid of Harbaugh, I still wouldn’t mind that kind of leadership within the locker room at HC.

Not too many people can face that, get treatment that make them barely able to walk, and still win college football games.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Michael Pittman is exactly the type of receiver we need to get.

Honestly that’s who I thought JJ Arcega-Whiteside would be. Pittman reminded me of JJAW, also got scared away some based off of that.

But I agree, we need someone that can go up for the football and be a quality route running possession guy. It’s why if Justyn Ross is deemed healthy and declares, he’d be an excellent choice.

Yup. That’s game. The Colts literally just killed themselves. Should’ve just handed the ball off to Taylor up the middle and then ran that 3rd down play on 4th down.

Then they jump offsides when the guy is in clear vision of the football with his hand on the ground... and then drop the interception.

Whelp. We probably should hold onto Roman and then just hire Frank Reich after next season... with these decisions, he’ll be back to being an OC before too long. What an idiot (with these decisions, I know he’s an offensive genius). Indy has LITERALLY killed themselves in this game at an unbelievable rate.

Edited by diamondbull424

13 hours ago, berlin calling said:

imagine investing 7 consecutive 1st round picks into defense and letting the Browns drop 48 on ya. good lord.

Yeah, that was pretty brutal a performance. Though your QB throwing 4 picks and your center tossing a ball into the endzone to be recovered certainly doesn’t help. I think their defense will be fine even with all the guys they will be losing. Our stout unit also gave up plenty of points to CLE only without Lamar tossing all those picks.

But yeah, that certainly was quite embarrassing considering it was the playoffs.

2 hours ago, berlin calling said:

thinking about it it was actually 8 including the trade for Minkah. LOL.

that team is so royally ****ed with +70m cap invested in Ben, Pouncey and Haden, lot of starters about to hit FA, a QB seemingly unwilling to accept he's done and should ride off into sunset for the better of the team.

Honestly I think they could still be a playoff team next season. Sure they’ve got plenty of guys leaving, but could still largely keep their core guys intact with a few moves.

I doubt Big Ben retires, considering he stands to make $19m. I just can’t see a guy walking away from that, like you said. The Steelers largely failed this season because their run game didn’t give them an ability to make life easier on their offense. I think you cut McDonald, Williams, and Pouncey. Gives you 33 players and brings you to negative -$4.7m in cap. Give Big Ben a 1 year extension and a convert his salary into a prorated bonus and that should get them around $6m or so. Do the same with Hayden and that could get them to roughly $12m. Count the carryover amount from this season of about $7m and that should give them enough to fill the squad with cheap draft talents and cheap veteran min type players, while still potentially have some money in reserve, just in case.

Though their chances would largely depend on them staying healthy considering their depth will be pretty atrocious. Not ideal, but certainly salvageable IMO if my math adds up correctly.

• Like 1

The Steelers are I think in a similar position to where we basically were between 2013 and 2017 or so... the regression at the QB position is impossible to ignore, but there's also too much talent and competence on the roster, coaching staff, and front office for the organization to ever bottom out.

This year despite the amazing start they were closer to being a 9-7 or 10-6 type team at best, and they will probably be a 7-9 to 9-7 type team next year as well assuming they don't manage to bring in a QB like Stafford next year who would bump them up. 

We are enormously fortunate to have been able to bring in Lamar without ever having to tank - not to say it was just dumb luck, it was a controversial move at the time and took guts, foresight, and a lot of diplomacy to make this transition happen as smoothly as it did. The Steelers (and the Pats, for that matter) are basically going to have to try and replicate that and hope it works out, or else they'll be stuck doing what we did for close to a half decade, scratching and clawing our way to small glimmers of late-season relevance with teams that all in all weren't actually that impressive. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

The Steelers are I think in a similar position to where we basically were between 2013 and 2017 or so... the regression at the QB position is impossible to ignore, but there's also too much talent and competence on the roster, coaching staff, and front office for the organization to ever bottom out.

This year despite the amazing start they were closer to being a 9-7 or 10-6 type team at best, and they will probably be a 7-9 to 9-7 type team next year as well assuming they don't manage to bring in a QB like Stafford next year who would bump them up. 

We are enormously fortunate to have been able to bring in Lamar without ever having to tank - not to say it was just dumb luck, it was a controversial move at the time and took guts, foresight, and a lot of diplomacy to make this transition happen as smoothly as it did. The Steelers (and the Pats, for that matter) are basically going to have to try and replicate that and hope it works out, or else they'll be stuck doing what we did for close to a half decade, scratching and clawing our way to small glimmers of late-season relevance with teams that all in all weren't actually that impressive. 

I don't think there's any way they can possibly manage that from a cap perspective, even if they were able to get him on fairly below market terms