Jump to content
diamondbull424

This Ain’t Ravens Talk

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, sp6488 said:

I would be highest on Bucs were it not for the road game aspect 

They may be on the road, but I have zero confidence in the Broncos offense in scoring enough points to actually win a game.

They were terrible last year (28th in the league), nigh on incompetent in week one with a healthy roster when they couldn't beat Tennessee despite Gostkowski missing 4 kicks, and now they don't have their QB1, WR1 and RB1b.

As poor has Brady has been, he and the rest of the offense would have to be held to less than 13 points for the Broncos to win imo, and I don't think that's likely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Which of these games do you feel most confident re: winner?

Bengals @ Eagles (2nd)

Bucs @ Broncos (3rd)

Panthers @ Chargers (1st)

I’ll go with the Chargers. I think they’ve got a great defense. They’ve got a QB who proved he could make explosive things happen. Meanwhile on the other side of things the Panthers are without their best player and haven’t shown the defense nor firepower for me to feel confident that they’ve got a shot here.

After that it’s a toss up in both games for me. While the Bucs have a real defense. So did the Steelers and yet Melvin Gordon just seems like a man on a mission. While the defense will have more tape on Driskel, we also have to acknowledge that Driskel will have had time to take some 1st team reps and to take physical reps over the gameplan. The Broncos defense has also been playing pretty well. While I don’t think the game should be close with a Bucs win, I’m not as convinced of that squad as some. I think they’ve got one of the most talented units in the league, but I’m not a believer in 60 y/o Brady nor particularly a believer in Arians.

On that note, I’m also not a believer in Carson Wentz this season with how he’s been described as playing (I have yet to watch an Eagles game). But I am a believer in Doug Pederson. I am definitely not a believer in Zac Taylor. So while I acknowledge anything can happen that’s probably my 2nd most confident game. I think the Eagles handle business, even if barely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drd23 said:

They may be on the road, but I have zero confidence in the Broncos offense in scoring enough points to actually win a game.

They were terrible last year (28th in the league), nigh on incompetent in week one with a healthy roster when they couldn't beat Tennessee despite Gostkowski missing 4 kicks, and now they don't have their QB1, WR1 and RB1b.

As poor has Brady has been, he and the rest of the offense would have to be held to less than 13 points for the Broncos to win imo, and I think that's likely

Based off what I’ve seen the poor decision making by Lock seemed to be a part of that. At least Driskel seemed faster processing things, just with less athleticism and arm talent. I think he’s got a better ability to manage the game. But you’re right, Tampa definitely should win this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Which of these games do you feel most confident re: winner?

Bengals @ Eagles

Bucs @ Broncos

Panthers @ Chargers 

I guess it's a good question, because you are getting different answers.

This is definitely Eagles for me. Their D-line vs the Bengals O-line will be a massacre. And the Bengals defense will get shredded. Eagles facing 0-3 would be one of the safest bets to put in string effort this weekend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

David Andrews might be out, which means Hjalte Froholdt could be in line to play for the Patriots, which obviously means that danish broadcasters are creaming themselves with the idea that they could show the first non-kicker dane in the NFL on sunday

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Danand said:

David Andrews might be out, which means Hjalte Froholdt could be in line to play for the Patriots, which obviously means that danish broadcasters are creaming themselves with the idea that they could show the first non-kicker dane in the NFL on sunday

saturday night live snl GIF
 

And with the way Cam is playing (could be a good MVP bet), he could definitely get a chance to thrive and if plays well be an instrumental part of a dangerous squad.

Edited by diamondbull424

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just finished watching the Seahawks Pats game. Newton plays, in lack of words, as a matured but less athletic version of himself. But that might be a more sustainable version of him than what we have seen at Carolina. He looked really good and poised.

Had Onwenu not missed his block on the goal line carry, Newton might have made the comeback on that last play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I guess it's a good question, because you are getting different answers.

This is definitely Eagles for me. Their D-line vs the Bengals O-line will be a massacre. And the Bengals defense will get shredded. Eagles facing 0-3 would be one of the safest bets to put in string effort this weekend.

Would the reverse also not be true, especially with the injuries on the Eagles O-Line?  Throw in the fact that Wentz has unequivocally played worse than Burrow so far this season and I have zero faith in the Eagles right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drd23 said:

Would the reverse also not be true, especially with the injuries on the Eagles O-Line?  Throw in the fact that Wentz has unequivocally played worse than Burrow so far this season and I have zero faith in the Eagles right now

This is why I have them in the middle. I’m kind of split between you two. I think Wentz has played pretty poorly so far, but I don’t know how sustainable his poor play can continue to be. It’s quite weird that he’s just sort of fallen off to such a degree. You’ve almost got to wonder if maybe he was jet skiing or something and got a minor injury that no one knows about. Some scenario that just doesn’t make sense to explain this kind of play from him.

That said, even then, I just find Doug Pederson too good a coach to start 0-3 to begin the season. Like Wentz can play poorly and they still should find some way to win by relying on that defense, treating Wentz like a game manager, and a few timely trick plays.

But I’m also not particularly a believer in Joe Burrow. Reminds me of Daniel Jones with better offensive weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, drd23 said:

Would the reverse also not be true, especially with the injuries on the Eagles O-Line?  Throw in the fact that Wentz has unequivocally played worse than Burrow so far this season and I have zero faith in the Eagles right now

No because the Bengals don't have a pass rush like the Eagles do. I've been impressed with Burrow for sure, but he's not a great QB yet. He may be about equal to Wentz on an average day. But for this matchup, he could be much better than Wentz and the Eagles could still lose by a large margin. The Bengals are barren in terms of talent; they won only 2 games last year and their QB (Dalton) wasn't terrible. Even if rookie Burrow is an upgrade on Dalton, this team is a bottom tier team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp.... the Steelers, Bills, and Titans all won games that they could have easily lost and they are all 3-0. No helpful results for us.

Plus I clearly didn't downgrade Carson Wentz enough with that call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Welp.... the Steelers, Bills, and Titans all won games that they could have easily lost and they are all 3-0. No helpful results for us.

None looked like world beaters in the process.

Also, shout out to former Ravens SCB Darius Williams who was the victim on that questionable DPI call that bailed out the Bills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Steelers keep squeaking out Ws against bad teams...unfortunately outside of our 2 games, they play mostly bad teams the rest of the year.

Honestly may have to sweep them to win division this year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

The Steelers keep squeaking out Ws against bad teams...unfortunately outside of our 2 games, they play mostly bad teams the rest of the year.

Honestly may have to sweep them to win division this year 

Eh probably too early to worry about that. I don't necessarily see them shredding through the schedule in front of them. I would bet the Browns would split them. We don't necessarily need to sweep them. But, every week we are hoping they lose.

Edited by wackywabbit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Plus I clearly didn't downgrade Carson Wentz enough with that call.

I tried to tell you how bad he's been ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...