This Ain’t Ravens Talk

diamondbull424

So of course the Titans...who had 3 covid cases and can't practice/meet in person all week until Saturday....play the Steelers this Sunday.

Either Pittsburgh is going to play a team that didn't meet/practice all week, or they're going to get 2 bye weeks this year out of this.

Why does that team always seem so lucky?

3 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

So of course the Titans...who had 3 covid cases and can't practice/meet in person all week until Saturday....play the Steelers this Sunday.

Either Pittsburgh is going to play a team that didn't meet/practice all week, or they're going to get 2 bye weeks this year out of this.

Why does that team always seem so lucky?

Bless them for taking the attention off of us.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 12:07 PM, wackywabbit said:

I guess it's a good question, because you are getting different answers.

This is definitely Eagles for me. Their D-line vs the Bengals O-line will be a massacre. And the Bengals defense will get shredded. Eagles facing 0-3 would be one of the safest bets to put in string effort this weekend.

On 9/25/2020 at 8:11 PM, drd23 said:

Would the reverse also not be true, especially with the injuries on the Eagles O-Line?  Throw in the fact that Wentz has unequivocally played worse than Burrow so far this season and I have zero faith in the Eagles right now

On 9/25/2020 at 10:58 PM, diamondbull424 said:

This is why I have them in the middle. I’m kind of split between you two. I think Wentz has played pretty poorly so far, but I don’t know how sustainable his poor play can continue to be. It’s quite weird that he’s just sort of fallen off to such a degree. You’ve almost got to wonder if maybe he was jet skiing or something and got a minor injury that no one knows about. Some scenario that just doesn’t make sense to explain this kind of play from him.

That said, even then, I just find Doug Pederson too good a coach to start 0-3 to begin the season. Like Wentz can play poorly and they still should find some way to win by relying on that defense, treating Wentz like a game manager, and a few timely trick plays.

But I’m also not particularly a believer in Joe Burrow. Reminds me of Daniel Jones with better offensive weapons.

Ended up going with the Eagles which worked out nicely for me as a Tie is an advance in my survivor pool, so moving ahead using what looks like a bad Eagles team going forward for one of my two weekly slots was the best outcome (keeping Tampa Bay in reserve and NOT picking a losing LAC team)

• Like 1

I think this will be a very interesting game to watch and potential tape to compile. I don’t typically find myself agreeing with Lavar, but he’s absolutely correct in the similar personalities and identities between our squad and the Patriots.

So if Belichick is able to put together a “blueprint” for beating the Chiefs, it’s something the Ravens organization will certainly need to keep on hand when they’re cultivating their next gameplan to try and beat the Chiefs. On both the defensive and offensive side of the LOS.

Somewhat Ravens related, but this is frustrating how a “passing offense” (and yes I understand they’re very balanced in their attack, but they have a very explosive passing attack) like what McVay employs can utilize a beat down from us to vastly improved their offensive efficiency. Yet we can’t do the same with Kansas City?

We need to steal from passing concepts to best scheme out WRs open. As it stands now, Hollywood and Andrews can win 1on1, but no one else. Either we get more guys that can win 1on1 or we get a coach building the offensive that can better scheme the players open.

Edited by diamondbull424

36 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Thus far this NE-KC is disproving the idea that you need a beastly front 4 to contain the Chiefs. Just rush with discipline to constrict the pocket and cover the best you can. Wink's pitiful attempt to outsmart Reid with fancy blitzes should never be tried again. 

You can if you’re secondary is great in zone coverage. Our secondary and LBs aren’t as disciplined in zone. They blow way too many coverages when they’ve gone to those looks.