This Ain’t Ravens Talk

diamondbull424

10 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

True. But he’s going to lose the Jets the game. If I was a betting type person I would’ve put money on the Patriots winning the game here.

I mean sure, they were ten-point favorites. Either you’d get a terrible payout or you would have lost the bet. 

1 minute ago, sp6488 said:

I mean sure, they were ten-point favorites. Either you’d get a terrible payout or you would have lost the bet. 

True. Like I said, I’m not a betting person, I don’t know how all that stuff works tbh. I just assumed that betting also happens during the game where if a team is down they become less favored to win as the time moves on or something. But fair point.

7 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Lol. Joe Flacco lost the Jets this game. Who’s paying this man to help the Jets front office get Trevor Lawrence.

I think you’re being a bit harsh to pin that on him. This isn’t a good team. To begin with. He led them to 27 points. The pick wasn’t good, but nobody thought he’d put up three TDs and 250+ yards on a presumably good Pats D. 

I think the Jets D (and a poor roster overall) and bad situational play calling on that last drive are way more to blame than Joe, who had what’s supposed to be the lulziest roster in the league in a position to win. 

4 hours ago, sp6488 said:

I think you’re being a bit harsh to pin that on him. This isn’t a good team. To begin with. He led them to 27 points. The pick wasn’t good, but nobody thought he’d put up three TDs and 250+ yards on a presumably good Pats D. 

I think the Jets D (and a poor roster overall) and bad situational play calling on that last drive are way more to blame than Joe, who had what’s supposed to be the lulziest roster in the league in a position to win. 

When all they needed to do was burn some clock, Joe immediately goes deep and throws a pick.

When all they needed was to either get into FG range OR burn clock and punt it, Joe takes like :30 seconds off the clock and gives Newton over a minute to drive down the field.

In classic Joe Flacco form, he both put them in a position to win the game, and then almost single-handedly lost them the game as well.

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

When all they needed to do was burn some clock, Joe immediately goes deep and throws a pick.

When all they needed was to either get into FG range OR burn clock and punt it, Joe takes like :30 seconds off the clock and gives Newton over a minute to drive down the field.

In classic Joe Flacco form, he both put them in a position to win the game, and then almost single-handedly lost them the game as well.

Thank you for setting me straight oh wise one, the most unbiased among us in all things Flacco

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Not really. Last night they had the full collection of their receiver talents. We know Perriman has popped off now with the Browns, the Bucs, and now the Jets as at least a quality third receiver option (love to see it). We know Jericho Cotchery, excuse me, Jamison Crowder is a quality #2 type receiver in the league, and Denzel Mims is who many thought he could be as a rookie impact WR option.

The rest of the components certainly aren’t great, but neither is the Patriots front 7 in providing a pass rush. So it’s not like Flacco didn’t have plenty of time to throw all night.

Were the Pats the team that should have won and were heavily favored? Yes. But the Pats have a far worse offensive weapons situation than the Jets had yet still won. In that type of situation where the Patriots couldn’t get anything going, he GAVE them literal momentum and hope. They were up by 7 at that point and the Pats literally just had to settle for a field goal on the previous possession because of how inept their offense had shown to be.

Realistically even if the Jets punted the ball back after a 3 and out, the Pats don’t have the time nor momentum to complete the comeback. However Flacco gave them enough time and enough belief that they could win the game. If he had made that throw into 1v1 and it was picked, I wouldn’t be judging it so harshly because it was a ballsy play that could’ve put the game away, but it absolutely wasn’t there and Flacco predetermined he would throw it there vs going through his progressions.

If he had done so, he had a very easy 1st down completion underneath. He could’ve taken that shot on the next collection of downs. Yet he didn’t. Was an absolutely boneheaded play that he had no business attempting. Like you said, it was indeed a heat check. But you maybe make that pass up by two scores, but most certainly not while only up by one score. That pass was all ego (heat check) and it cost his team the win. It’s not like the receivers weren’t also out there making plays for Flacco, yet Flacco put his ego above the team on that play.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Thank you for setting me straight oh wise one, the most unbiased among us in all things Flacco

I mean, what do you want me to say? Flacco was brilliant basically all night until they needed to just protect a lead and chew the clock, then he blew the game for them. I'm not sure what else you can call those last 2 Jets drives, in which his best play for the team was actually taking the sack on 2nd down.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

I mean I really wanted to celebrate Joe Flacco last night. And a morally crushing defeat by the Jets was exactly the kind of team loss that would’ve benefited our chances of steamrolling the Patriots this week on SNF, but that just didn’t happen. Flacco played a great 1st half but in the second half IIRC they had like two 3 and outs and the other drive ended with that interception.

Are there other reasons that team lost? Absolutely. But they’re a 0 win team. There were always going to be other reasons. Yet their defense played well enough against a putrid offense that Cam is carrying. Their offensive line afforded plenty of time. The run game while not great or even good, wasn’t terrible. It was simply below average. His team had the better defensive performance most of the night. He had the better weapons. The Jets absolutely outplayed the Patriots. Coaching decisions or not, Flacco’s play gave the Jets hope for a win in the 1st half, but simultaneously in the second half lost them the game. It’s not disingenuous to make such a statement. He was below average in the second half when the game mattered the most, then bad at the most inopportune time. It was like the reverse of Lamar’s game against the Colts this week. Lights off in the 1st half, yet lights out in the second half and good when the team needed it most.

And I don’t make this comparison because I’m trying to say “we chose right” but rather just because the comparison seems to fit and those are two of the three games I watched this week as a reference (that terrible Steelers-Cowboys game being the other). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

Looking for smoke? 🤔🙃

Yeah I was confused by that post too. I wasn’t sure if it was the wrong thread or if he’s saying we have an Off Topic thread up to discuss non-Ravens related topics... if perhaps he’s saying the Browns should have such a thread (if they don’t already, I rarely venture over there).

I figured their would be some sort of later explanation that was revealed but none came.

I Dont Care Whatever GIF