This Ain’t Ravens Talk

diamondbull424

10 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah I was confused by that post too. I wasn’t sure if it was the wrong thread or if he’s saying we have an Off Topic thread up to discuss non-Ravens related topics... if perhaps he’s saying the Browns should have such a thread (if they don’t already, I rarely venture over there).

I figured their would be some sort of later explanation that was revealed but none came.

I Dont Care Whatever GIF 

Wander in and see...there’s a point 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Wander in and see...there’s a point 

I suppose. But that’s more of a TAFT thread where it looks non-football related. Whereas this is still football related, just not necessarily Ravens related.

So I don’t think we’ll have to worry about this thread devolving into one involving political speech that gets shut down... assuming that was the concept? Especially since 1/3 of our active fans probably aren’t even US citizens. I’m not sure if that’s bad- that we have fans all over or if it’s kind of sad that we don’t have more domestic fans. But hey we’ll take all fandom, nonetheless. Heck, I mean, since you’re already here... might you want to stay for a good time and a long time? Plenty of space on the forum bandwagon.... come to the dark side. I think you’d look good in purple and black.😂

47 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Heck, I mean, since you’re already here... might you want to stay for a good time and a long time? Plenty of space on the forum bandwagon.... come to the dark side. I think you’d look good in purple and black.😂

No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

11 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I don’t recognize this scene, looks to be about the Good Will Hunting days for Damon, what movie is this?

It’s “Rounders”, and it’s absolutely awesome. Late 90s Matt Damon, Edward Norton, and John Malkovic. @Forge tell him how right I am about this movie please.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

It’s “Rounders”, and it’s absolutely awesome. Late 90s Matt Damon, Edward Norton, and John Malkovic. @Forge tell him how right I am about this movie please.

Wow. No Ben Affleck, they were like in almost every 90s movie together it seemed... no really, but a lot. Hmm. I’ll have to keep it in mind as a movie to check out. I saw Malkovic and I saw Damon, so I figured it had to be at least somewhat good and worthy of a watch.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I can't ... I've lost the ability to speak as I process this revelation from @diamondbull424

I mean, you can’t see them all amIright? But seriously, I’m surprised I hadn’t seen it, my younger self watched plenty of flicks. Though I also hadn’t particularly discovered Malkovic at this point. I was still just a wee chap in the late 90s.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

HS me watched this movie no less than 30 times...28 of which came while playing poker with my buddies.

Ah. Perhaps that’s what is is here then. Two things here. First, I’ve never really been a poker person... probably a bit of a slight culture difference. I grew up in a Spades household. So I’m sure the movie description as a youth might not have interested me and thus I never gave it a chance. Second, I mean, if we’re talking late 90s *checks to see the movie came out in 1998* I was only 9 when this movie came out. Even then I was probably only 11 when it reached cable distribution (lol).

Though after checking out the movie bio, you guys used the wrong names to sell me on this movie. I mean, nothing against fellow Baltimore native Edward Norton or great actors like Damon and Malkovic, but the name that puts me there is none other than... Famke Janssen. The heart strings cannot contain my love. I’ve never wanted an Alien to body ****** me more then when Famke Janssen showed up on the inside of that bus to try and seduce Josh Hartnett... not to mention she was so bad that she made both Wolverine and Liam Neeson fall for her. Only Carrie Ann Moss, Salma Hayek, and Michelle Pfieffer can lay similar claim.

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

Does anyone else think its hilarious that Ken McKuisick and Spencer Schultz seem to have a Twitter beef?

(sorry to interrupt the discussion about a 20 year old movie ;) )

Yeah, probably best I stop talking about such things. Considering. But I wasn’t aware that they had beef, not on twitter (well, I’m sure somewhere in the ghost of social media, I still have an account from college). What sparked the beef? Or what have they said recently at least?

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

Does anyone else think its hilarious that Ken McKuisick and Spencer Schultz seem to have a Twitter beef?

(sorry to interrupt the discussion about a 20 year old movie ;) )

Oh, I think those two arguing is amazing. Very different personalities, but all too similar when it comes to their overestimated & 'unchallengeable' knowledge of the sport. Couple of nerds 😆. They both know they operate in the same twitter circle, just on different ends and thus feel like they have to stand their ground. I just hope that one dope who was with RSR joins in the fray. That guy had it all. 'LateRoundCorner' I think. The pretend tough guy persona combined with fruitless scoops(blatant lies), and next to no actual knowledge of the team or sport really. The day he posted his 53 predications and had Chuck Clark getting cut a couple years back, I was finally free of giving any respect to RSR(outside of Ken or BMac's work). Dude was their Defensive Back guru at the time IIRC too. 🤡.

As for the movie discussion. Rounders is awful.(Wow, Malkovich is quirky) Good Will Hunting is an all time overrated movie.("Will, it's not your fault". "Hey, it's not your fault". "Don't F with me Sean, not you Sean" boo hoo hoo.... F'n Yuck! 🤢🤢.) And sticking with the Damon hate, if you really want to laugh- go watch some of his scenes from "Talented Mr. Ripley". My god does he flounder in that one, and it doesn't help that Jude Law opposite him turns in such a strong performance(Despite his Brit accent peeking out at times). 

20 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Only Carrie Ann Moss

She was such a C in "Disturbia'. I actually wanted the serial killer to dice her up lol.

44 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Second, I mean, if we’re talking late 90s

Actual, late 90s excellence. Underrated black comedy with a unique premise that could've dragged down the film into the depths of cornball hell- but didn't. Check this one out if you haven't DB. 

Grosse Pointe Blank - Wikipedia

42 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Oh, I think those two arguing is amazing. Very different personalities, but all too similar when it comes to their overestimated & 'unchallengeable' knowledge of the sport. Couple of nerds 😆. They both know they operate in the same twitter circle, just on different ends and thus feel like they have to stand their ground. I just hope that one dope who was with RSR joins in the fray. That guy had it all. 'LateRoundCorner' I think. The pretend tough guy persona combined with fruitless scoops(blatant lies), and next to no actual knowledge of the team or sport really. The day he posted his 53 predications and had Chuck Clark getting cut a couple years back, I was finally free of giving any respect to RSR(outside of Ken or BMac's work). Dude was their Defensive Back guru at the time IIRC too. 🤡.

As for the movie discussion. Rounders is awful.(Wow, Malkovich is quirky) Good Will Hunting is an all time overrated movie.("Will, it's not your fault". "Hey, it's not your fault". "Don't F with me Sean, not you Sean" boo hoo hoo.... F'n Yuck! 🤢🤢.) And sticking with the Damon hate, if you really want to laugh- go watch some of his scenes from "Talented Mr. Ripley". My god does he flounder in that one, and it doesn't help that Jude Law opposite him turns in such a strong performance(Despite his Brit accent peeking out at times). 

She was such a C in "Disturbia'. I actually wanted the serial killer to dice her up lol.

Actual, late 90s excellence. Underrated black comedy with a unique premise that could've dragged down the film into the depths of cornball hell- but didn't. Check this one out if you haven't DB. 

Grosse Pointe Blank - Wikipedia

Oh. Gross Pointe Blank is a certified classic. An absolute banger.

In terms of Carrie Ann Moss, I mean, black leather... she’s the only woman I’ve ever wanted to see in it. 😂

But speaking of certified bangers and also classics and also Carrie Ann Moss, I’m sure you’ve seen Memento? Certainly not anything like GPB but it definitely set the tone for what Christopher Nolan would go on to do as a Director in future years. Though admittedly I wasn’t attracted to Moss in that movie. She’s reserve for the Matrix and Daredevil verse.

In terms of 90s “underrated” romance movies. But I don’t think enough people talk about Before Sunrise. Unique premise.  Not quite as unique as GPB, but it’s not particularly like most of the romantic films of that era either. That, Memento, and Se7en I don’t feel like earn enough talk when people bring up 90s films. But perhaps my tastes are just a little weird.

• Like 1