Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

Well, we're on to week 5, which means we've done a quarter of the regular season. Here are some stats you might have missed and might raise an eyebrow or two. Please add some more if you know of any;

Tom Brady; Under pressure, has a QB rating of 138.5. Higher than any other QB rating when they're CLEAN. So, at 40 years old, Tom Brady (under pressure) is playing better than any other QB you can name, when they're NOT under pressure...

Matt Ryan; Only 3 passes completed beyond 20 yards so far 

Dez Bryant; Has 4 pass break ups. Tied for 6th pass break ups (with cornerbacks). Basically breaking up interceptable balls thrown by Dak

Jay Ajayi; 148 of his 184 yards this year are after contact. Basically means defenders are in his face immediately 

Menelick Watson; Given up 7 sacks in 4 games. Well on pace to obliterate the record

Sammy Watkins and Jared Goff; a perfect QB passer rating of 158.3 when they hook up

DeShone Kizer; Hit as he's thrown more than 10 times. 2.5 times more than anybody else in the league (holding ball too long)

DeMarcus Lawrence; 8 more pressures than all other edge defenders. 30 pressures in 4 games (Miller second with 22)

LeGarrette Blount; Averaging 5 YPC AFTER contact. 209 of his 240 rushing yards have come after contact

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Jay Ajayi; 148 of his 184 yards this year are after contact. Basically means defenders are in his face immediately 

While everyone is busy making fun of Jay Culter, the thing that stood out to me watching the Saints/Phins game was how bad that OLine was.  Just zero push.  Not sure if it's just a lack of effort or talent (or both).  But that OLine is the biggest problem I saw on Sunday...

• Like 1

Kirk Cousins joins Archie Manning, Joe Namath, Rodney Peete, Vince Evans and Fran Tarkenton as QB's to lose their first 5 MNF starts.

[ESPNStatsInfo] - The Rams are the 1st team since the 1954 Giants to lead the NFL in scoring thru 4 games after ranking last the previous year.

In 2016, the Los Angeles Rams scored 224 points for the entire season. They only need to average 28 ppg over the next three games to eclipse this mark before the end of October. They're currently averaging 35.5 ppg. 

The Baltimore Ravens have scored on 3 of their last 24 possessions.

9 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I'm sure we'll pick a game soon to make up for lost time.

I can't wait till we play you guys.. Goff will have his revenge.. He gave y'all a small taste last season.

Insert Goff instead of PG.

Edited by El ramster

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I can't wait till we play you guys.. Goff will have his revenge.. He gave y'all a small taste last season.

You guys usually beat us, even when we're good and you're bad.  Last year was actually a revenge game for us.

• Like 2

Rookie S Malik Hooker leading NFL in INTs

Rookie CB Tredavious White leading NFL in passes defensed.

The hype of the DB class so far seems to be real. It was obvious this was the deepest position entering the draft and its proving to be true so far.

2 hours ago, joru1000 said:

Stefon Diggs is leading the league in receiving yards, but according to Packers fans wouldn't even be in the top-3 in the depth chart if he was on their team.

I don't think any Packers fan has said that. He would at the very least be our #3 over Cobb and most likely #2 over Adams.