Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

5 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Tom Brady has lost 21 times in the last 6 years (including playoffs - 102 total games)

There has been a pathetic hot take 'Brady is done' parade after each loss.

No there hasn't. Not any real one with any substantial momentum.

I'd say there have been 3 or 4 notable "waves" of Brady is losing it or done/the Patriots window is closed over the years, if you include right now.

Exposing the hot take  of 'The Patriots only have 10 wins because of a soft schedule.'

• The Patriots Strength of Victory is 48-72  .400
  • The 49ers Strength of Victory is 48-70-2 .408

The only difference between their schedules is Detroit choking away a win and letting Arizona get a tie.

Exposing the hot take of 'The Patriots have only beaten 2 teams with a winning record'.

• The Vikings have ZERO wins vs teams with a winning record
    • The Cowboys have ZERO wins vs winners 
    • The Eagles have 2 wins
  • The Steelers have 1 win vs winners
  • The Bills have 1 win vs winners
  • The Chiefs have 2 wins vs winners
  • The Packers have 2 wins vs winners
  • The Saints have 2 wins vs winners (and neither loss is to a division leader)
  • The Texans have 2 wins vs winners
  • The 49ers only have 3 wins vs winners

8 playoff teams have as many or less than New England, 1 has 1 more

• Is the theory that Seattle(4) and Baltimore(6) are the only real NFL teams in 2019?

Further exposing the hot take of the Patriots 'soft schedule'

• That schedule is likely to include 7 games against 6 playoff teams.
    • Baltimore, Houston, KC, Buffalo x2, Pittsburgh, and the Dallas/Philly winner.
  • The Rams could play 8 if Dallas wins the East

Note: Buffalo will only face 5 playoff teams by design (3rd place vs 1st place scheduling)

• No Chiefs or Texans

Edited by SkippyX

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Exposing the hot take of 'The Patriots have only beaten 2 teams with a winning record'.

• The Chiefs have 2 wins vs winners

Fun fact. If the Chiefs had lost one of the games against Oakland, the result would be them having one more win against a team with a winning record.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

It is a minor miracle that the Saints have the best record in the NFL right now considering how heavily they have been penalized compared to opponents this season. 

I dunno about this but the Saints definitely have gotten their share of favorable calls this year vs. the Bucs.   I can't really comment on the other teams they played because I haven't watched them that closely except for the Panthers game in which  that last DPI that was called/overturned was fair but just funny how they decided to overturn it during the Saints game when they haven't done that at all the whole season.  

3 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

I dunno about this but the Saints definitely have gotten their share of favorable calls this year vs. the Bucs.   I can't really comment on the other teams they played because I haven't watched them that closely except for the Panthers game in which  that last DPI that was called/overturned was fair but just funny how they decided to overturn it during the Saints game when they haven't done that at all the whole season.  

This isn't to say a call or 2 hasn't gone the Saints way this year, as every team gets that from time to time. That said it seems like any big play we have there is like a 75% chance it is getting negated by a penalty whether it big a big play on offense, stopping a team on 3rd down, or a defensive turnover getting called back. It has been extremely frustrating to watch. Some of that is obviously on the Saints needing to clean up their play a bit, but it does seem to be really inconsistent officiating as well calling some really soft penalties that had minimal effect on the play.