Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

11 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Fun fact. If the Chiefs had lost one of the games against Oakland, the result would be them having one more win against a team with a winning record.

That's called a zero sum league and it holds true all over the place.

• If The Patriots lost to Dallas.
  • If the Texans lost to the Raiders.
  • If the Packers lost to the Bears.
  • If the Texans got swept by the Colts.

If the Eagles beat the Dolphins, Falcons, and Lions then they would walk away with the division but have a much worse SoV.

A team that is 10-2 has a schedule with 8 more losses than a team that is 2-10 (not fun, but a fact nonetheless)

The best were all the fools who called the 1-4 Steelers trash because they lost to 

• 10-2 NE (yes, it was ugly but we can't give any credit to NE for that)
  • 10-2 Baltimore (by 3 in OT)
  • 10-2 SF (by 4)
  • 10-2 Seattle (by 2)

That Trash is now 6-1 in their last 7.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

The best were all the fools who called the 1-4 Steelers trash because they lost to 

• 10-2 NE (yes, it was ugly but we can't give any credit to NE for that)
  • 10-2 Baltimore (by 3 in OT)
  • 10-2 SF (by 4)
  • 10-2 Seattle (by 2)

That Trash is now 6-1 in their last 7.

I didnt realize that was their losses.  I was one of the people who was embarrassed my team lost to the 1 win Steelers at that point in the season.

7 hours ago, SkippyX said:

That's called a zero sum league and it holds true all over the place.

• If The Patriots lost to Dallas.
  • If the Texans lost to the Raiders.
  • If the Packers lost to the Bears.
  • If the Texans got swept by the Colts.

If the Eagles beat the Dolphins, Falcons, and Lions then they would walk away with the division but have a much worse SoV.

A team that is 10-2 has a schedule with 8 more losses than a team that is 2-10 (not fun, but a fact nonetheless)

No, you missed half of why what I posted was actually interesting. We played Oakland twice. So if we lost one, Oakland would be 7-5, but we'd still have a win against them. So we'd go from 2 wins against winning teams, to 3. If the Pats lost to Dallas, Dallas gets a winning record, but the Pats would no longer have beaten them, so they gain a loss to a winning team, not a win, and still would sit at 2.

That's what made the KC/Oakland one more unique. A loss to Oakland would give us one more win against a team with a winning record.

• Like 1

Let me fix the lame Trubisky - Brady comparison for you:

Trubisky faced the Lions twice.

• 6 TDs and 100+ ratings 

Trubisky’s ratings are 3 in the 60s, 1 in the 70s, and 1 in the 80s in the sample included if you separate the Lions games.

Brady did not play the Lions.

In that sample window against the Lions

• Cousins had a 145 rating
  • Danny Dimes had a 124 rating
  • Carr had a 116.2
  • Dak had a 116.6
  • Rodgers had a 90 (small miracle they got a pick in the end zone)
  • Haskins was awful at 47.5

15 TDs to 2 picks in those 6 games.

Is 6 TDs to 1 pick from Trubisky a big deal or par for the course?

Cute though, you should have a parade.

Since October 1st, the Lions D has given up 21 TDs to only 3 picks is the real story.

Edited by SkippyX

53 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

No, you missed half of why what I posted was actually interesting. We played Oakland twice. So if we lost one, Oakland would be 7-5, but we'd still have a win against them. So we'd go from 2 wins against winning teams, to 3. If the Pats lost to Dallas, Dallas gets a winning record, but the Pats would no longer have beaten them, so they gain a loss to a winning team, not a win, and still would sit at 2.

That's what made the KC/Oakland one more unique. A loss to Oakland would give us one more win against a team with a winning record.

I stand corrected.

It would work for KC or Houston if the other one lost to Oakland but I should have reviewed what I wrote more closely.

• Like 1