Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

On 12/10/2019 at 7:46 AM, braylon said:

Is Jaylon Smith not good? I don't follow football as closely anymore, this isn't stuff I keep up with. But I thought he was a player lol.

That dude is on drugs. Dont listen to him. Jaylon is a good player, but for whatever reason our tackling has gone to ish across the board. I thought perhaps they were trying to transition to the Seahawks (Rugby) style and just havent developed, but that is pure speculation. Otherwise I have no clue why we suck so bad at tackling. 

Notable observation :

Take a cruise through the NFL News forum and note how many threads in there are about guys being done for the year. ( after only 12 games)
Then the next time some numbskull suggests a 17 or 18 game season, tell him to pick a different sport to follow.
We don't need more "inventory" and neither do the players who put it all on the line for our entertainment

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

The most popular Cowboys forum on the web. The fans are a bunch of idiots. I sometime go there for a laugh or to help me feel better about myself. 

Cowboyszone? That place is an echo chamber. Even I dont post there any more. 

• Like 1

What the hell happened this week with injuries? I realize being out “for the season” is only a handful of games, but lots of guys to IR. Mike Evans, Alshon Jeffery, Marvin Jones, Marcus Davenport, Roquan Smith, Sheldon Rankins, Rashaad Penny, Weston Richburg, Calvin Ridley, Fabian Moreau, and then a ton more injured but not IR worthy. Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, Richard Sherman, Emmanuel Sanders, etc. 

Brutal week.

3 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Notable observation :

Take a cruise through the NFL News forum and note how many threads in there are about guys being done for the year. ( after only 12 games)
Then the next time some numbskull suggests a 17 or 18 game season, tell him to pick a different sport to follow.
We don't need more "inventory" and neither do the players who put it all on the line for our entertainment

To be fair, a large part of why there are so many of those at the moment, is teams that are out of the hunt are putting players on IR that otherwise might continue playing if they were in contention for something.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

To be fair, a large part of why there are so many of those at the moment, is teams that are out of the hunt are putting players on IR that otherwise might continue playing if they were in contention for something.

Yep and a lot of them are 3-6 week injuries so...  in reality, if it was a full season they would come back but it's not and if they don't have anything to play for they might as well hang it up and get healthy for the next season. Like Mike Evans, he pulled his hammy which he would be able to come back for but they are out of contention so no reason to.

Not that i'm suggesting a longer season just pointing out they aren't "season ending" injuries in that sense.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

"IF they were in contention for something"...but they aren't in contention. Nearly half the league is out of contention 12 games into the season.
That's about a thousand players. Dragging it out for 18 is idiotic.
And we can be certain that more games = more injuries and more guys done for the year

We also have to consider it from the players POV. Why would they risk their health playing out the even - longer string of meaningless games ? We'd see players making business decisions and saving themselves for the next season. Not all, but many. Especially guys headed to FA

There is no compelling reason to play more regular season games, not for the players and not for the fans.
Its low quality football with banged up squads riddled with injuries
Do we really need more bengals, jets, dolphins, lions, redskins, cardinals, jags games this year ? No, we do not. 16 is plenty

We already have an 18 game season, its called the "playoffs" and it involves the teams we do want more games from...:)

And honestly, the owners don't need or deserve another penny on the backs of these players. Tell them to go pound rocks
The reason I brought it up now is that many fans are prisoners of the moment and I wanted to shine a light on this exact moment in a season
16 is beautiful, its perfect, its exactly right.

Edited by Shanedorf

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

There is no compelling reason to play more regular season games, not for the players and not for the fans.

Players will get paid more for an 18 game season as the cap would rise. That's a compelling reason. Most fans want more football. 

I don't really care on 16 vs 18 but there's definite reasons for everyone involved. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Players will get paid more for an 18 game season as the cap would rise. That's a compelling reason. Most fans want more football. 

I don't really care on 16 vs 18 but there's definite reasons for everyone involved. 

Fans also complain about the product on the field in preseason games. Playing more games would result in the regular season games looking more like the preseason product. 

Fans are stupid.

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

SF wasn't even the worst that year?

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef/2016

SF finished at 3.3% (worst was Indy at 4.5%).

Carolina is currently at 19.2% lol

There must be some issues with the DVOA, because no way in hell were we NOT the worst rush defense in the league that year. Like it was HISTORICALLY bad.

https://www.eldo.co/the-2016-49ers-had-the-third-worst-run-defense-in-nfl-history.html