Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

1 minute ago, NJerseypaint said:

I think Darnold averaged like 5 yards per throw, maybe less. Bills were playing man press and sending heat, and the Jets wrs were unable to shake them at all. Bell was the lone bright spot literally turning nothing into something each time he had the ball. He's still a top 5 RB. People just have short memories.

My memory is that Bell was a replacement level player in Pittsburgh in a very good offense.

All 3 guys who replaced him played about as well as him. (Williams, Conner, and Samuels when Conner was out)

See how that works both ways?

Jets bad so Bell is bad. Steelers good so Bell is good.

Paying that guy is a bad idea.

Just now, SkippyX said:

My memory is that Bell was a replacement level player in Pittsburgh in a very good offense.

All 3 guys who replaced him played about as well as him. (Williams, Conner, and Samuels when Conner was out)

See how that works both ways?

Jets bad so Bell is bad. Steelers good so Bell is good.

Paying that guy is a bad idea.

I'm guessing you didn't watch the Jets and Bills game because Bell was great in that game. He carried our offense that game and accounted for all our offensive points. He had a 4th down conversion he had no business converting and a less player would've been tackled for a loss.

He's had 1 game in green and he was very much elite in it.

33 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I'm guessing you didn't watch the Jets and Bills game because Bell was great in that game. He carried our offense that game and accounted for all our offensive points. He had a 4th down conversion he had no business converting and a less player would've been tackled for a loss.

He's had 1 game in green and he was very much elite in it.

I agree that he was elite if you only count the 5 yard run on his first carry, the 12 yard run out of his own end zone, his 8 yard run on the same drive, his 10 yard run to start the next drive, the 6 yard run on his first carry in the 3rd quarter, the 6 yard run to start the next scoring drive as well as his 9 yard TD catch and his 2 point conversion.

That's like 56 yards on 7 touches or 9 yards a touch. We call that a highlight reel.

It also ignores the other 16 touches for 36 yards at 2..3 a touch.  That's some high level elite play there.

Dude's game plan is to stand still until the blocking opens holes for him so when they don't open and he gets stuffed that must just be someone else's fault, right?

When you have Pittsburgh's O-line that makes you elite, I guess. When you have the Jets line you are just the 45th best yards per carry RB.

Edited by SkippyX

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

I agree that he was elite if you only count the 5 yard run on his first carry, the 12 yard run out of his own end zone, his 8 yard run on the same drive, his 10 yard run to start the next drive, the 6 yard run on his first carry in the 3rd quarter, the 6 yard run to start the next scoring drive as well as his 9 yard TD catch and his 2 point conversion.

That's like 56 yards on 7 touches or 9 yards a touch. We call that a highlight reel.

It also ignores the other 16 touches for 36 yards at 2..3 a touch.  That's some high level elite play there.

Dude's game plan is to stand still until the blocking opens holes for him so when they don't open and he gets stuffed that must just be someone else's fault, right?

When you have Pittsburgh's O-line that makes you elite, I guess. When you have the Jets line you are just the 45th best yards per carry RB.

You reference 45th like that's a meaningful rank. What's the threshold for attempts there? 1? How many have more than 20 touches? And since when did 20 touches (and 1 game all against different teams) become a meaningful sample size?

I can't even argue with you because your evidence is meangingless. I'd be arguing against nonsense.

I will agree that having a poor oline will worsen a RBs production over a great oline, but I feel like that's just "duh". Doesn't take away the fact that Bell is talented - top 5 RB talented. He'll make a showing this season for sure.

39 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

here's a pretty meaningless but fun one: kevin byard leads all NFL players in interceptions at FirstEnergy stadium in cleveland since 2015-- including all players on the browns

That’s a fun one.

I saw that Julio Jones has more fumbles vs the Saints than TDs

WEEK 2

Everyone get on the Keenan Allen bus

He ran 56% of his routes from the slot in Week 1 where he was targeted a whopping 40% of the time and caught 6 balls for 77 yards. Lions slot corner Justin Coleman was targeted a league-high 12 times out of the slot in Week 1, allowing 6 catches for 28 yards and a score.....

Colts D, hold your horses!

Mariota put up a ridiculous 19.7 yards per attempt  on PLAY ACTION passes (tops among all quarterbacks) and three touchdowns. The Colts secondary was kicked in by Philip Rivers via play action in Week 1, allowing 16.9 yards per attempt (fourth) and a touchdown. 

Packers to stuff Cook?

Cook had a league-high three explosive runs of 15-plus yards, accounting for 56% of his total rushing yardage. The Packers were one of only four teams to not allow a single run like that in W1. They stuffed the Bears run game with a 2.92-yard average depth of tackle (sixth).

• Like 1

Who's Raheem Mostert?! Averaged 6.4 yards per carry with a whopping 4.6 of those yards coming after contact @PapaShogun @Forge

Detroit's interior - so far, it's been elite: Glasgow and Ragnow - Just 2 hurries from 33 passing snaps against LA, no sacks or hits allowed from them @detroitroar

Kenny Clark went off as a pass-rusher this week, racking up a sack, a hit and five hurries from just 33 pass-rushing attempts. That averages out at a pressure once every 4.7 pass-rushing snaps, and to top it all off, he added a forced fumble. 

Through two weeks, Cousins owns the NFL’s lowest passing grade (36.7) and has averaged 3.25 seconds to throw, which is by far the highest rate in the league

League-wide play-action rate is about 20%, but two teams are above 40%!!! .........Guess them?

Edited by Hunter2_1

19 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Who's Raheem Mostert?! Averaged 6.4 yards per carry with a whopping 4.6 of those yards coming after contact @PapaShogun @Forge

He was an elite special teams gunner who served as the third running back (largely for special teams usage). He's looked pretty good as a running back the last two years, which is one of the reasons 49ers fans were confused by our desire for running backs.

Super fast (4.35 40), strong legs that can churn through some tackles. He's not there most agile, but he's a perfect fit for the system, one cut and go type game. Was undrafted I believe because he developed some really nasty fumbling habits in college. Kicked around 4 or 5 teams before latching in with the niners (Browns, dolphins, Ravens, bears, and I swear he was in the eagles at some point).

Last year he averaged nearly 8 yards a carry on 34 attempts. Obviously small sample, but he's shown well in the opportunities he's been given the last two years.

**Edit- just realized you may have been asking rhetorically

• Like 1

On 15/09/2019 at 5:36 AM, SkippyX said:

You need to quit being that salty at Leveon Bell and move on

Gosh, I've never seen someone that obsessed with one player, it's like he's your ex or something lol

On 9/15/2019 at 4:46 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

WEEK 2

Everyone get on the Keenan Allen bus

He ran 56% of his routes from the slot in Week 1 where he was targeted a whopping 40% of the time and caught 6 balls for 77 yards. Lions slot corner Justin Coleman was targeted a league-high 12 times out of the slot in Week 1, allowing 6 catches for 28 yards and a score.....

Colts D, hold your horses!

Mariota put up a ridiculous 19.7 yards per attempt  on PLAY ACTION passes (tops among all quarterbacks) and three touchdowns. The Colts secondary was kicked in by Philip Rivers via play action in Week 1, allowing 16.9 yards per attempt (fourth) and a touchdown. 

Packers to stuff Cook?

Cook had a league-high three explosive runs of 15-plus yards, accounting for 56% of his total rushing yardage. The Packers were one of only four teams to not allow a single run like that in W1. They stuffed the Bears run game with a 2.92-yard average depth of tackle (sixth).

I'm confused by this.  You make these numbers seem like they are bad for Coleman. Obviously giving up the touchdown isn't ideal but if you are targeted 12 times and only give up 28 yards, why is that bad?  That's 2.33 yards per target or 4.6 yards per catch. To put in perspective how bad that yardage production is, even if you broke the single season record for catches (143), at that rate of yardage/catch you would only finish the season with 658 yards.  That's a crapload of targets for barely any yards.  

Edited by fortdetroit

17 minutes ago, fortdetroit said:

I'm confused by this.  You make these numbers seem like they are bad for Coleman. Obviously giving up the touchdown isn't ideal but if you are targeted 12 times and only give up 28 yards, why is that bad?  That's 2.33 yards per target or 4.6 yards per catch. To put in perspective how bad that yardage production is, even if you broke the single season record for catches (143), at that rate of yardage/catch you would only finish the season with 658 yards.  That's a crapload of targets for barely any yards.  

It's to highlight the work that Allen might have been seeing from the slot. I'm guessing (because I didn't write it, I just copied and pasted it) that they're not using it AGAINST coleman but to prove a point about targeting the slot