Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

QBs with a high ANY/A are historically the ones throwing the most good throws. Its the best stat in football for comparison

If there's one thing I've learned over the last few years, it's that stats never tell the whole story. Let me use one example, look at Mitch Trubisky in 2018. His numbers looked solid yeah, but then... his numbers were greatly padded with the one Buccaneers game where he had 6 TD passes. Watching each of those TD passes (because I didn't believe it to be Mitch playing well) showed that 5 out of the 6 were wide open as if his receivers were playing against FCS teams. The Bucs defense would have had a better showing that day if they just stayed on the plane. But I digress. 

Stats can support an argument, but they should never comprise an argument.

3 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Baker has done something that no Browns QB has done in the last 25 years.

Thrown 11 interceptions in the 1st six games.

Seems unlikely but apparently it is true.

Baker has absolutely struggled, but about 5 of those INTs were tipped passes that should have been caught by the receiver. Baker has been incredibly unlucky in that regard, although there's no doubt that he needs to play better.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Jameis is the only QB to ever have his first pass attempt in a game picked off on two or more continents.

Fun fact, Jameis Winston threw 5 interceptions yesterday in London, bringing his career total to 68, through 62 games played so far. Since 2000, that's tied for 6th-most INT thrown through the first 62 games of a career, alongside Eli Manning and Josh Freeman, the quarterback Winston was drafted to replace.

Player From To Int
Jay Cutler 2006 2010 73
Matthew Stafford 2009 2014 73
Ryan Fitzpatrick 2005 2012 72
Joey Harrington 2002 2006 69
Mark Sanchez 2009 2012 69
Josh Freeman 2009 2015 68
Eli Manning 2004 2008 68
Jameis Winston 2015 2019 68