Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

3 hours ago, BossierWhoDat said:

What is the timeline on this? 2017?

I know Brees looks bad when he is pressured, but I didn't realize it was THAT bad.

Must be, Brees is normally not bad when pressured, especially not that low, but he's been pressured so few times this year it's easy for him to have a bad passer rating.

• Like 1

These stats/observations blow the ESPN pieces you see on Facebook out of the water:

"Deshaun Watson is the 1st rookie QB to throw for 15 TD  passes by week 6 after not starting the season, while wearing orange socks every other game and having eaten Wheaties on the morning of the Chiefs game..." 

• Like 1

The Ravens run defense being LAST in the nfl is the most wrong/surprised I've ever been about an nfl statistical development.

The secondary additions actually look about as good as we hoped, but it hasn't really mattered, with everything else going on.

Edited by wackywabbit

12 hours ago, iPwn said:

Didn't Hopkins catch a TD during that W1 beatdown?

1:43, Watson to Hopkins, with #20 (Ramsey) trailing and #39 (Gipson) in mid coverage. Not sure how this is scored on the metrics, but that's a TD...right?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Didn't Hopkins catch a TD during that W1 beatdown?

1:43, Watson to Hopkins, with #20 (Ramsey) trailing and #39 (Gipson) in mid coverage. Not sure how this is scored on the metrics, but that's a TD...right?

Look, I don’t make the rules. I just post the results.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Starless said:

This is wild...

I’ve spoken about this a bit. But we have three players playing out of position in the front 7.

Ngakouye doesn’t have the strength to play RE as a run stopper, but he’s a freak as a pass rushing RE.

Fowler is a RE playing LE. His athleticism is too much for RTs to handle in the pass rush, but he doesn’t have the strength or footwork to play run protection at LE against the physicality of RTs. He doesn’t have the pass rush ability to beat skilled LTs, but he can hold his own in the run game over there.

Myles Jack is a WLB (maybe MLB) playing SLB. He doesn’t have the strength to take on first level blocks in the run game or to shed them, but he can flyyyyyyy to the ball and cover about as well as anybody in football. Telvin is a similar style, so they don’t have anyone who can play the traditional on ball SLB.

All of this paired together with Ramsey and Bouye playing out of their minds in the secondary, and Calais being a DPOY front runner through 7 games basically means that they can obliterate teams in the pass game, but don’t really have the bulk up front to play the run effectively.

out of all twenty three quarterbacks named steve since 1934, three of them were drafted by the chiefs, including both the most recent steves stenstrom and matthews (the third was fuller in 1979)

further, two more in deberg and bono also played for the chiefs meaning five of the twenty three steves represented KC, by far the most steved team