Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

Julius Peppers had a sack today to give him 7.5 on the season. Not bad. More importantly, he passed Chris Doleman for 4th all-time with 151 sacks. Kevin Greene is next with 160. Unlikely he gets into the top three unless he comes back next year.

The Panthers defense also hasn't allowed a touchdown in four of eight games played so far (SF, BUF, CHI, TB). I don't know how often that happens, but it seems like something that wouldn't occur too much?

Also, the Panthers defense had an interception today for the first time since week one. Something like 215 pass attempts between picks. Only seven turnovers forced on the year, with three coming today.

In his 6 starts thus far:

• Deshaun Watson
    • 1,597 yards, 18 TDs, 7 INTs, 108.4 passer rating
    • 3-3 record, 253 rush yards (7.4 Y/C), 2 TDs

In a rookie's first 6 starts.... Most pass TDs (by 3), 3rd highest passer rating (min 14 attempts/game, trails only Big Ben and Greg Cook), 5th most yards.

• Like 1

Following this weeks games the Colts are  #1 in negative point differential at -104 

The rest of the Top 5 include 3 teams the Colts have faced this season.

Did I mention the Colts only 2 wins are against winless teams? 

#2 49ers 0-8 (-86) Colts Won by 3 (OT)

#3 Browns 0-8 (-83) Colts Won by 3

#4 Cardinals 3-4 (-72) Colts Lost by 3 (OT)

# 5 Dolphins 4-3 (-60) not on schedule

I understand there is still a game to be played this week but the Broncos are currently at -10 so they would have to lose by 50+ to crack the list. Chiefs are +46.

On 10/26/2017 at 4:48 PM, Shady Slim said:

out of all twenty three quarterbacks named steve since 1934, three of them were drafted by the chiefs, including both the most recent steves stenstrom and matthews (the third was fuller in 1979)

further, two more in deberg and bono also played for the chiefs meaning five of the twenty three steves represented KC, by far the most steved team

The only 2 players in NFL history named T.Y.  both played for the Colts in 2015-16

Hilton and McGill 

Colts claimed McGill off waivers from Seattle in 2015 and he was cut this year after the initial 53 man roster cuts (claimed by Cle)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Danger said:

I've always hated the "home only streaks" tbh. It just feels very cherry picked IMO.

To me, the more details you have to add to make a statistic a thing, the less impressive it is. Because you typically don't include those details unless you have to. Meaning other players or teams have probably done similar or better things, just at different times or in different places or whatever.

31 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:
He went from being on pace to give up almost 1,300 yards to badass just by playing closer to the LOS and playing more press coverage. 

Good to know that Mike Smith stopped playing that garbage defense.  Do you see the Bucs D doing alright against NO this upcoming week?

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

Good to know that Mike Smith stopped playing that garbage defense.  Do you see the Bucs D doing alright against NO this upcoming week?

Nope. The only times we even touched Cam was when he ran. Brees is gonna pick us apart.

Watson is also leading the league in touchdown percentage at 9.3 percent. The 2nd place guy is Carson Wentz at 7.2 percent. Everyone else is under 7 percent.

The highest I can think of for a single season is Peyton Manning in 2004, who had a 9.8 touchdown percentage.

He is also leading in yards per completion at 13.5.

Everson Griffen now has a sack in 8 consecutive games to begin the season. That ties the NFL record since sacks became an official statistic in 1982. The only 2 players being Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis.

If he gets a sack during the Vikings next game (11/12/17) he will have the record all by himself.

Furthermore I can't seem to find a concrete way to search for this, but does anyone know a way to find streaks of consecutive games with sacks? Not to begin the season but any length of games whenever? 

Edit: I found this 

Most consecutive games, sack: 11, Jared Allen, 2011–2012

So he's close

Edited by ILoveTheVikings