Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

13 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

People are absolutely telling him he shouldn’t have that take. 

And they have that right, it is their opinion that his take is bad and he should stop talking. They can express that. 

He’s catching flack from everyone because he won’t throw his loyalty to his country out the window.

I hope you're not saying that everyone that disagrees with him is throwing the loyalty to their country out the window, because that isn't the case.

He said he’s standing with his teammates in regards to racial injustice.

Well he's not gonna come out and say he isn't standing with them on racial injustice, now is he?

I agree with him that standing for social justice has nothing to do with disrespecting the flag. 

Then don't look at is as disrespect. Look at is as a disagreement on what it represents to someone who feels differently than you do. 

I’m not even Pro America guy. I have no national pride, to be honest. But I just think directing the hatred towards the flag is dumb and pointless. 

"Directing hatred" are strong words when you're talking about someone taking a knee when a song is played. That's about as passive as it gets.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, Dome said:

And they have that right, it is their opinion that his take is bad and he should stop talking. They can express that.

That’s fine. But they’re acting like children, in my opinion. Unfriending him? That’s kind of lame.

I hope you're not saying that everyone that disagrees with him is throwing the loyalty to their country out the window, because that isn't the case.

That’s exactly what he’s saying though. All he said is that disrespecting the flag is not something he is ever ok doing. If disrespecting the flag is something you do, you’re clearly not loyal to the country. I could care less about a piece of cloth. But it’s considered the ultimate disrespect to mess with the flag, as dumb as that might be. 

Well he's not gonna come out and say he isn't standing with them on racial injustice, now is he?

Probably because he’s not a racist. 

Then don't look at is as disrespect. Look at is as a disagreement on what it represents to someone who feels differently than you do.

I don’t really care if someone disrespects the flag. It’s a dumb piece of cloth. But it is important to the people that fight for our country.

"Directing hatred" are strong words when you're talking about someone taking a knee when a song is played. That's about as passive as it gets.

Maybe hatred is too harsh. But what did taking a knee do? What are these riots accomplishing? Nothing. It’s not like people aren’t aware of racial injustice. No racist is going to see someone taking a knee or protesting and say, “you know what? You’re right. They ARE worthy of their humanity.” 

I think people now want the American flag to be synonymous with being anti-black and I think that’s just not true. 

Kneeling during the national anthem doesn’t get any sort of reaction from me. I just think it’s dumb and pointless and serves no purpose other than basically give the middle finger to our good military and good police.

9 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

That’s fine. But they’re acting like children, in my opinion. Unfriending him? That’s kind of lame.

who cares? 

That’s exactly what he’s saying though. All he said is that disrespecting the flag is not something he is ever ok doing. If disrespecting the flag is something you do, you’re clearly not loyal to the country. I could care less about a piece of cloth. But it’s considered the ultimate disrespect to mess with the flag, as dumb as that might be. 

The last 5 words sum it up. 

Probably because he’s not a racist. 

I never said he was. I said he’s a moron.

I don’t really care if someone disrespects the flag. It’s a dumb piece of cloth. But it is important to the people that fight for our country.

I wonder how they feel about you calling it a “dumb piece of cloth”

I don’t even know what you’re arguing at this point.

Maybe hatred is too harsh. But what did taking a knee do? What are these riots accomplishing? Nothing. It’s not like people aren’t aware of racial injustice. No racist is going to see someone taking a knee or protesting and say, “you know what? You’re right. They ARE worthy of their humanity.” 

I think people now want the American flag to be synonymous with being anti-black and I think that’s just not true. 

This is all a bad take.

Kneeling during the national anthem doesn’t get any sort of reaction from me. I just think it’s dumb and pointless and serves no purpose other than basically give the middle finger to our good military and good police.

You consider it a middle finger to the military and good police, but it gets no reaction out of you?

And you also don’t think they should disrespect the flag, but the flag is just a stupid piece of fabric?

You seem incredibly conflicted on what you care about.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

People are absolutely telling him he shouldn’t have that take.

People might be saying it was the wrong thing to say at the wrong time. Nobody is demanding legal action. We're all just free speechificationing here, it's all kosher.

52 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

He’s catching flack from everyone because he won’t throw his loyalty to his country out the window.

Nobody's loyalty is up for debate in this. I won't question his, and nobody's should be questioned if they feel differently than him. That's the type of thinking that makes this a dangerous issue.

54 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

But I just think directing the hatred towards the flag is dumb and pointless. 

It's not HATRED, and it's not toward A FLAG.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dome said:

Before this he backed a MLM company, just a year or so after he had to sue a jewel wholesaler who misled him about some appraisals. So he's perfectly fine preying on others even though he'd just recently been a victim of a scam himself.

He's also supported FotF which I can't get into on here, but if he had done even a small amount of research he would've seen that the company wasn't one he should've gotten involved with. He can claim later that he didn't know what they were, but that's no excuse (the fact that he backpedaled tells you all you need to know).

Now this, which I'm sure his PR team is already working on.

The fact that Drew Brees is a big dumb-dumb with gross values has been in the open for a while. 

I was unaware of all of this. Thanks for filling me in...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Dude...

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Damn that Drew Brees and his opinion. How dare him go against the grain in a completely harmless fashion?

Wait, what? You're okay with Brees stating his backwards *** opinion that, according to you, doesn't hurt anyone...but you hate when people take a knee that doesn't hurt anyone?

Your hypocrisy that's also bathed in sarcastic and thinly veiled superiority is mind-blowing.

You should try this thing called "perspective." It's wild.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Wait, what? You're okay with Brees stating his backwards *** opinion that, according to you, doesn't hurt anyone...but you hate when people take a knee that doesn't hurt anyone?

I never said I hate people taking a knee. I think it’s a useless exercise that doesn’t change anything.

8 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Your hypocrisy that's also bathed in sarcastic and thinly veiled superiority is mind-blowing. 

You should try this thing called "perspective." It's wild.

Ok I’m done. That’s hilarious, by the way. 

11 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Ok I’m done

Probably the best course of action for everyone on this topic. I get that it's relevant and on everyone's mind, but it's too divisive. I'm all for a bit of conversation, but I think it's best if we table it for tonight.

Thanks.

- ET

• Like 1

On the football side of things the Saints as a cohesive team just took a huge blow.

guys are looking at their “leader” through side eyes now. Drew just showed them he lives in a totally different America than a lot of guys in the locker room, and he’s willing to put them down for it.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

On the football side of things the Saints as a cohesive team just took a huge blow.

guys are looking at their “leader” through side eyes now. Drew just showed them he lives in a totally different America than a lot of guys in the locker room, and he’s willing to put them down for it.

Apparently at the NOLA protest they're chanting "Fudge Drew Brees"...

me a christmas story Christmas movies mystuff Bob Clark ralphie ...

:o

Ed Reed denouncing Brees on Twitter.

Man, I'm guessing he's not very popular around the league if so many people are this quick to drag him like this. Like there's no way it was just this incident.

Drew Brees is going to retire now because some natural law of the universe dictates Brady always play in a division with 6 easy wins.

It is written in the sands of time.

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 2