Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

12 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Well, we're on to week 5, which means we've done a quarter of the regular season. Here are some stats you might have missed and might raise an eyebrow or two. Please add some more if you know of any;

Tom Brady; Under pressure, has a QB rating of 138.5. Higher than any other QB rating when they're CLEAN. So, at 40 years old, Tom Brady (under pressure) is playing better than any other QB you can name, when they're NOT under pressure...

Matt Ryan; Only 3 passes completed beyond 20 yards so far 

Dez Bryant; Has 4 pass break ups. Tied for 6th pass break ups (with cornerbacks). Basically breaking up interceptable balls thrown by Dak

Jay Ajayi; 148 of his 184 yards this year are after contact. Basically means defenders are in his face immediately 

Menelick Watson; Given up 7 sacks in 4 games. Well on pace to obliterate the record

Sammy Watkins and Jared Goff; a perfect QB passer rating of 158.3 when they hook up

DeShone Kizer; Hit as he's thrown more than 10 times. 2.5 times more than anybody else in the league (holding ball too long)

DeMarcus Lawrence; 8 more pressures than all other edge defenders. 30 pressures in 4 games (Miller second with 22)

LeGarrette Blount; Averaging 5 YPC AFTER contact. 209 of his 240 rushing yards have come after contact

they don't actually track that stat for WRs do they? lol

8 hours ago, Jetzger said:

Kareem Hunt has more rushing yards in the 2nd half of games than any other RB has total.

I can't wait to see his matchups with Denver's run D.

Unstoppable force meets immovable object. Should be fun.

20 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

While everyone is busy making fun of Jay Culter, the thing that stood out to me watching the Saints/Phins game was how bad that OLine was.  Just zero push.  Not sure if it's just a lack of effort or talent (or both).  But that OLine is the biggest problem I saw on Sunday...

Nail, meet head.

Our interior OL has been horrendous for the last decade now. I don't think we're the worst in the NFL with the Bengals and Seahawks existing, but our OL is trash and has been trash for longer than anyone else's.

Ajayi is a beast. It's a shame we haven't given him better blocking because the way he's played, he could put up huge numbers with even an average OL.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

The Broncos run defense has held Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliott, Lesean McCoy and Marshawn Lynch to a combined total of 98 yards and 0 TDs on 50 carries.

Ever since Melvin Gordons 22 yard run on the first play of the season, they have held rushers to 1.9 YPC.

This.. is pretty incredible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Unstoppable force meets immovable object. Should be fun.

They'll use him more in screens, checks and shovels etc to take advantage of their stoutness up front. He'll get plenty of all-purpose yards, if not many rushing yards.

41 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

They'll use him more in screens, checks and shovels etc to take advantage of their stoutness up front. He'll get plenty of all-purpose yards, if not many rushing yards.

Yeah I'm not expecting another hundred yards rushing unless he can get a few clear cutback lanes.

hopefully they focus too much on Hunt and Kelce can have a great game