Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

22 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Is that stat actually true? They lost with a halftime lead this year vs Saints. I find it hard to believe that's the only instance but also have no idea. 

31-1 going into this season. Take the Jags game it's 32-1, take the Saints game and it's 32-2.

It's still a bad HC accomplishing something pretty remarkable.

Someone smarter than me wrote this up (Sean Pendergast is a Radio host on the flagship station in Houston, Sports Radio 610 - I think he has a National show on Sunday on CBS affiliates, so he's not just some dude...)

https://www.houstonpress.com/news/bill-obrien-is-now-31-1-when-texans-lead-at-halftime-11082827

38 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Is that stat actually true? They lost with a halftime lead this year vs Saints. I find it hard to believe that's the only instance but also have no idea. 

I doubt they’ve won that many games under BOB.  Hahaha. 

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Belichick has been part of 21% of all superbowls in NFL history. 

Belichick took over as NYs DC in 1985. In the years he was DC or head coach (or assistant head coach) he has been in 12 Super Bowls

• 1986 Giants - DC
  • 1990 Giants - DC
  • 1996 Patriots - Assistant Head Coach / DBs coach  (Parcells did not want to fire Groh, but BB was a huge influence on that D)
  • 2001, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Patriots
  • That's 12 Super Bowls in 34 years or 35.3% of all Super Bowls since 1985.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

31-1 going into this season. Take the Jags game it's 32-1, take the Saints game and it's 32-2.

It's still a bad HC accomplishing something pretty remarkable.

Someone smarter than me wrote this up (Sean Pendergast is a Radio host on the flagship station in Houston, Sports Radio 610 - I think he has a National show on Sunday on CBS affiliates, so he's not just some dude...)

https://www.houstonpress.com/news/bill-obrien-is-now-31-1-when-texans-lead-at-halftime-11082827

They lost to the Eagles after a halftime lead just after the article was written and they beat Jacksonville the next week with a halftime lead.

33-3

Here is the problem. He is something like 12-40 when he doesn't have a halftime lead.

3 hours ago, Dome said:

Jared Cook is one of the worst players on our offense. 

I hate him. 

Crazy man, he was so good for us. Then again Gruden made a no-name Waller into one heck of a receiving option in no time. Such a TE friendly system I guess? Although I do remember Cook giving up on plays and being inconsistent. Too bad to see.