Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

15 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

@JustAnotherFan

Do you have a website or a place where your stats are viewable? 

The stats that I use are from a few different sites combined with my own, and unfortunately the two main sites are paid subs(FO & SIS). I've been using their sites for quite awhile, especially FO. Roughly 10 years or so?

Overall, I like looking at advance stats from other sites, but I like to check the validity of them even more by using my own eyes so that I can see where exactly they got there numbers from. That's why I do my own research. Each person sees things differently.

For instance, the individual pressure stats that I used earlier in this thread were by SIS and so I've started to go through every pass play by every team just to check and see if I'm seeing the same thing as they are. I also did the same thing with their team offense/defense pressure rate % in '15 and '16 and came away pretty impressed by them with how close our numbers matched up when I used their very same criteria - which I personally like as it helps weed out which teams' front 7 are simply getting credit for coverage sacks.

Pressure rate accounts for all pass plays including scrambles but not including spikes. Plays cancelled by Defensive Pass Interference are also included. Plays count as having pressure in the following situations:

a) any pass or scramble charted with pressure by a specific defender, or "overall pressure",
b) any sack charted as "rusher untouched," "blown block," or "overall pressure",
c) any sack charted as "coverage sack" or "failed scramble," but only if these sacks are also charted with a specific defender giving pass pressure. (For example, a "coverage sack" can also have pressure if a specific defender forces the quarterback out of the pocket immediately, but the sack takes a lot longer because of the coverage.)

Edited by JustAnotherFan
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Here it is.

It comes courtesy of BJ Kissel of Chiefs dot com who ran the numbers on the quarterbacks the Chiefs have faced this year. This is how the four quarterbacks the Chiefs have faced this year (Tom Brady, Carson Wentz, Philip Rivers and Kirk Cousins) have fared playing against the Chiefs and against everyone else:

vs. Chiefs: 51%, 4 TDs, 4 INTs

vs. everyone else: 68%, 25 TDs, 3 INTs

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/10/5/16429438/kansas-city-chiefs-defense-turns-good-quarterbacks-into-bad-quarterbacks

J

Edited by onejayhawk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Football Outsiders currently has the Chiefs with the league's best run blocking offensive line and the league's worst pass blocking offensive line.

I’m sure having a great running back/QB that has so-so pocket presence, has something to do with that.

On 3/10/2017 at 8:00 PM, marshawn lynch said:

Rookie S Malik Hooker leading NFL in INTs

Rookie CB Tredavious White leading NFL in passes defensed.

The hype of the DB class so far seems to be real. It was obvious this was the deepest position entering the draft and its proving to be true so far.

Marlon Humphrey played surprisingly well for the Ravens. Gives up a couple of catches, but has also been great efforts from receivers. Puts my criticism/worries about him to shame thus far. Ravens allow a really really low YPA when he is in the game, which most likely though is a coincidence.

On 10/3/2017 at 2:37 PM, cddolphin said:

o.O

He would be your #1. He would be every team's number #1, unless you are a Pittsburgh or Atlanta fan.

Or New York. Or Tampa Bay. Or Cincinnati. 

Like come on. Dude doesn't even have an 1,000 yard season to his name but he's better than All-Pro Receivers?!

5 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Or New York. Or Tampa Bay. Or Cincinnati. 

Like come on. Dude doesn't even have an 1,000 yard season to his name but he's better than All-Pro Receivers?!

He's certainly performed better or at the very least comparably this season, outside of maybe Brown, and from watching him through the first 4 games this season I could see him having a legitimate argument over those other guys you listed over the next couple seasons. I'm officially on the bandwagon.

Doesn't he lead the league in yards, TDs, and YPC over the last 6 regular season games?