Week 2 GDT: New Orleans Saints (1-0) @ Las Vegas Raiders (1-0): Saints are all in however the House always wins.

Canadian Saint

13 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Our defense was garbage tonight, literally in every facet.

Brees and Payton has better figure out how to play with some urgency. 2 weeks of pathetic offense is inexcusable from this team.

And don't anyone used the loss of Michael Thomas as an excuse.

We've been outplayed in back to back weeks.

• Like 1

Don't know what to make of the penalties so far. Hoping it's a blip and not a trend, tough to win when you repeatedly shoot yourself in the foot like that. Offense has to get back on track, I don't know what's going on with Brees and co. but he needs to show us something or I'm going to start thinking it's the irreversible effects of age too. I never ever want to see TreQuan Smith be the most targeted receiver for this team again.

4 hours ago, Fray32 said:

Don't know what to make of the penalties so far. Hoping it's a blip and not a trend, tough to win when you repeatedly shoot yourself in the foot like that. Offense has to get back on track, I don't know what's going on with Brees and co. but he needs to show us something or I'm going to start thinking it's the irreversible effects of age too. I never ever want to see TreQuan Smith be the most targeted receiver for this team again.

What I'm really curious about is that magnificent drive we had in the early 4th quarter. It was a thing of beauty, it was fast, and it resulted in a touchdown. Not many teams can do that with the precision that our offense did. And frankly, that's what's concerning me.

In short, this team has what it takes to put up a lot of points, so why are they starting out so doggone slow, until It's do or die, and ultimately die.

Even if our defense continues to be hot garbage, the offense has the weapons and the talent. the motivation, however, that is incredibly concerning to me period it seems there's no motivation on either side of the ball. That's a lack of leadership!

Think this season is a wrap on Brees fellas. Been a fun ride, but it's time for him to retire. Aside from his accuracy being off, and his arm being a noodle, he's not processing like we're use to. It's always been, if you're open, you got the ball. He left so many wide open throws on the field last night.....

Glad they let a young, developing, Bell walk and brought back Jenkins for more money. That's worked out well so far 👍

We've all seen this movie before. We all know how this ends. 8 and 8. 

1 hour ago, SWATcha said:

Think this season is a wrap on Brees fellas. Been a fun ride, but it's time for him to retire. Aside from his accuracy being off, and his arm being a noodle, he's not processing like we're use to. It's always been, if you're open, you got the ball. He left so many wide open throws on the field last night.....

Glad they let a young, developing, Bell walk and brought back Jenkins for more money. That's worked out well so far 👍

We've all seen this movie before. We all know how this ends. 8 and 8. 

We would be better off if the season goes completely off the rails though and end up with a pick capable of getting Lawrence/Fields.  Both should be able to start from day 1 and do well, especially with the weapons and OL and a defense that should be better than what it's performing currently.

1 hour ago, Canadian Saint said:

Can I also say while it's completely unfair and illogical, I'm really disappointed in Marcus Davenport. He was traded up for to make life easier for Cam Jordan (who himself is struggling) and hsi inability to stay healthy has constantly cost us since we got him. It's a bitter pill to swallow.

Especially since I was sure we were trading up for Lamar Jackson to be Brees' replacement.