Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bucsfan333

Wirfs is pretty good already

Recommended Posts

This deserves a bump.  Wirfs was not good last night.  However. he wasn t the worst Bucs tackle last night.  

I really didn t think it was possible, but Wirfs might get a position change this season.  The current LT is the league leader in penalties, and pretty confident top 5 in sacks allowed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

This deserves a bump.  Wirfs was not good last night.  However. he wasn t the worst Bucs tackle last night.  

I really didn t think it was possible, but Wirfs might get a position change this season.  The current LT is the league leader in penalties, and pretty confident top 5 in sacks allowed.  

Aside from all the bs from last night, OL penalties and poor protection in the 2nd half was a big reason why we couldn’t finish drives. Wirfs has gone through the gauntlet his first 5 weeks and Mack by far the best. Overall he wasn’t bad, but Don Smith on the other hand was destroyed. Would love to find another Wirfs in the draft next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Aside from all the bs from last night, OL penalties and poor protection in the 2nd half was a big reason why we couldn’t finish drives. Wirfs has gone through the gauntlet his first 5 weeks and Mack by far the best. Overall he wasn’t bad, but Don Smith on the other hand was destroyed. Would love to find another Wirfs in the draft next year.

That's not true at all. Wirfs got beaten like a drum in the second half.

Mack had his way with both OTs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

That's not true at all. Wirfs got beaten like a drum in the second half.

Mack had his way with both OTs.

I heard Aikman at one point say that Wirfs was essentially playing on one leg? I thought they meant he might have injured himself, but I never heard anything more on an injury. Maybe it was just an expression.

But too your point, Khalil Mack had both Smith and Wirfs on skates last night after the 1st quarter. I'll even go further than that, as Hicks was getting good pressure on the interior against Marpet and I saw a few plays where Cappa was looking around like where'd my assignment go...

The OL as a whole was just atrocious the 2nd half...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I heard Aikman at one point say that Wirfs was essentially playing on one leg? I thought they meant he might have injured himself, but I never heard anything more on an injury. Maybe it was just an expression.

But too your point, Khalil Mack had both Smith and Wirfs on skates last night after the 1st quarter. I'll even go further than that, as Hicks was getting good pressure on the interior against Marpet and I saw a few plays where Cappa was looking around like where'd my assignment go...

The OL as a whole was just atrocious the 2nd half...

Leftwich deserves a lot of blame.  The screen game was working.  He called 1 in the second half to Gronk for a big gain.  He didn t do either tackle in any favors in the second half.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Leftwich deserves a lot of blame.  The screen game was working.  He called 1 in the second half to Gronk for a big gain.  He didn t do either tackle in any favors in the second half.  

Definitely. We even ran a couple smoke routes that were consistently netting 4-6 yards, but we got away from that as well....

Also, not sure why Lefty got away from throwing the shallow crossing route to Tyler Johnson; that play was there for the taking...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

leftwich sucks period

I hope you're not right... but, if anyone is gonna get the blame, I think it'll be him. I really want to know what happened when Brady forgot it was 4th down. Cause that's something that would never have happened on the Pats. I get that he was rattled all game, and still isn't comfortable with the offense, but damn, I don't think I've ever seen a QB forget what down it was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

I hope you're not right... but, if anyone is gonna get the blame, I think it'll be him. I really want to know what happened when Brady forgot it was 4th down. Cause that's something that would never have happened on the Pats. I get that he was rattled all game, and still isn't comfortable with the offense, but damn, I don't think I've ever seen a QB forget what down it was. 

i honestly dont know why BA ever brought Leftwih along 

that was the only issue i ever had with him from the beginning when he got here, but i didnt thing it would be that be big a deal since he would be calling the plays

but now with leftwich calling plays...yuck man

just please either let BA call plays or let Brady call the plays

leftwich needs to go ,  im calling it now

he was never a good qb in this league and hes been riding the coat tails of others to get this far in his coaching career

cut bait now while we are ahead

i bet we'd see the offense soar 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Felt this thread deserved a bump.  Two weeks post mortem since Da Bears game.  

Wirfs and Leftwich, how do you feel?

Da Bears game did nothing to lessen my confidence in Wirfs after being tossed by a grown arse man.  Mack didn t win every battle.  To Mack s credit, he won more battles then any other defender against Wirfs.

Leftwich is guaranteed to have 1 3rd down play call where it is WTF!!!  However, we have 23 games as a playcaller leading a top 3 scoring offense.  I can t complain, but he has to handle Allen and the Saints in 2 weeks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Felt this thread deserved a bump.  Two weeks post mortem since Da Bears game.  

Wirfs and Leftwich, how do you feel?

Da Bears game did nothing to lessen my confidence in Wirfs after being tossed by a grown arse man.  Mack didn t win every battle.  To Mack s credit, he won more battles then any other defender against Wirfs.

Leftwich is guaranteed to have 1 3rd down play call where it is WTF!!!  However, we have 23 games as a playcaller leading a top 3 scoring offense.  I can t complain, but he has to handle Allen and the Saints in 2 weeks.

Good bump. Agreed 100%. Even after Wirfs struggled to contain Mack in the Bears game, my confidence in him didn't waiver. I mean he's already light years ahead of where I thought he'd be coming into this season, and I loved him as a prospect. I can't remember a rookie that has had to go up against such a barrage of elite pass rusher out of the gate (Bosa, Jordan, Mack, etc.) playing RT. He was due to have a couple off games here or there. I mean our whole O-line unit got their ***** handed to them in the Bears game. He's rebounded well, as expected...

The Lefty thing I've never really bought into. I mean, we know TB12 has a ton of pull in the play. He may not be calling what comes into the huddle, but he's got the prowess to check into plays/reads he wants. Also, BA you know has override a play here or there to what he wants too...

I think the offense struggled as a whole more so in the first few weeks due to the no-offseason and no chemistry aspect, especially with the early on injuries to the WRs and RBs. I think we're starting to see what the offense really is now that guys are practicing/playing together on consistent basis...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Good bump. Agreed 100%. Even after Wirfs struggled to contain Mack in the Bears game, my confidence in him didn't waiver. I mean he's already light years ahead of where I thought he'd be coming into this season, and I loved him as a prospect. I can't remember a rookie that has had to go up against such a barrage of elite pass rusher out of the gate (Bosa, Jordan, Mack, etc.) playing RT. He was due to have a couple off games here or there. I mean our whole O-line unit got their ***** handed to them in the Bears game. He's rebounded well, as expected...

The Lefty thing I've never really bought into. I mean, we know TB12 has a ton of pull in the play. He may not be calling what comes into the huddle, but he's got the prowess to check into plays/reads he wants. Also, BA you know has override a play here or there to what he wants too...

I think the offense struggled as a whole more so in the first few weeks due to the no-offseason and no chemistry aspect, especially with the early on injuries to the WRs and RBs. I think we're starting to see what the offense really is now that guys are practicing/playing together on consistent basis...

The Wirfs  progression has been a revelation, look no farther then Andrew Thomas.  I m not suggesting Thomas cannot be a good pro, but if Wirfs had similiar growing pains the offense would have vastly different production.  Brady is a statue, who.is excellent at sliding in the pocket.  Wirfs is a Pro Bowler right now, which is pretty crazy to think.

Leftwich deserves credit because a team can t have a bad play caller and be top 3 in scoring.  It just isn t possible.  I look at Leftwich like Devin White.  I know apples to oranges comparison.  However, relative to their with experience in their position, Leftwich and White are easily top 10 in their positions.  White has only been playing LB for less then 4 yrs between college and pros.  He played RB in high school.  The only OC with less experience as a coach at any job in the pros then Leftwich is Kellen Moore in Dallas.  Like White, I don t think Leftwich has peaked yet.

However, Leftwich has to beat down Allen in 2 weeks.  Allen has won the match up the first 3 times.  Time for Byron to show progression.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

The Wirfs  progression has been a revelation, look no farther then Andrew Thomas.  I m not suggesting Thomas cannot be a good pro, but if Wirfs had similiar growing pains the offense would have vastly different production.  Brady is a statue, who.is excellent at sliding in the pocket.  Wirfs is a Pro Bowler right now, which is pretty crazy to think.

Leftwich deserves credit because a team can t have a bad play caller and be top 3 in scoring.  It just isn t possible.  I look at Leftwich like Devin White.  I know apples to oranges comparison.  However, relative to their with experience in their position, Leftwich and White are easily top 10 in their positions.  White has only been playing LB for less then 4 yrs between college and pros.  He played RB in high school.  The only OC with less experience as a coach at any job in the pros then Leftwich is Kellen Moore in Dallas.  Like White, I don t think Leftwich has peaked yet.

However, Leftwich has to beat down Allen in 2 weeks.  Allen has won the match up the first 3 times.  Time for Byron to show progression.

Wirfs and our whole line have been a revelation this year

i think Brady just makes OLines look good tbh... i mean we all thought the Pats OLine was elite for years and look, 7 games in our line looks SOLID, not enough evidence yet just making an observation

as for Leftwich, sorry but i cant get behind it

Leftwich sucks, hes riding the coattails of a BA offense , MAXED OUT ON TALENT , with the GOAT QB at the helm

I could look like a top 10 OC with this lineup

ride this train leftwich  and then please leave 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I could look like a top 10 OC with this lineup

stahp

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hard to say how good leftwich is with this much talent. I will say that the 1st down patented runs need to end. also, the WR screens are very frustrating sometimes. this team is as its best when it is passing to setup the run. i don't think they run much shotgun, which is odd because brady threw out of the gun nearly his whole career. more shotgun, play-action, and 2nd down runs (instead of 1st) and then i couldn't complain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...