Wirfs is pretty good already

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Wirfs was so good this year it almost makes me want to keep him at RT...

but he played LT all throughout college right? I still think we can move him no problem (been saying we should move him throughout the season lol)

if we can just get a solid tackle in the draft or FA and let Dsmith walk our offense would be in good hands

3 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Wirfs was so good this year it almost makes me want to keep him at RT...

but he played LT all throughout college right? I still think we can move him no problem (been saying we should move him throughout the season lol)

if we can just get a solid tackle in the draft or FA and let Dsmith walk our offense would be in good hands

He has starting experience at LT and RT. I’m fine with leaving Wirfs at RT and locking him down there. I’m also cool with experimenting and switching sides too. Either way Bucs win because its been a long time we had an elite Tackle. Nowadays its equally as important to have a good RT. Pass rushers are being asked to come from both sides now. This pass happy league has made it important to get 2 functional tackles.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, indifference said:

He has starting experience at LT and RT. I’m fine with leaving Wirfs at RT and locking him down there. I’m also cool with experimenting and switching sides too. Either way Bucs win because its been a long time we had an elite Tackle. Nowadays its equally as important to have a good RT. Pass rushers are being asked to come from both sides now. This pass happy league has made it important to get 2 functional tackles.

And for that reason keep him at RT because he is elite. Don’t try to mess with something almost perfect. There is really only negative that can happen and as it was stated, you need two good tackles because good pass rushers come from both sides. He’s not by any means getting it easy or being wasted at RT.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

And for that reason keep him at RT because he is elite. Don’t try to mess with something almost perfect. There is really only negative that can happen and as it was stated, you need two good tackles because good pass rushers come from both sides. He’s not by any means getting it easy or being wasted at RT.

I hear you 

But then what do we do at LT?

40 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I hear you 

But then what do we do at LT?

I can see them going status quo for next season drafting a tackle prospect before day 3.  

I know it won t be popular with the fan base, but pretty confidenr this will be the plan.  Say it with me "D Smith 1 more yr".  😀