What are you reading? V1

Forge

I've been on a huge Star Wars kick as of recent. The new Thrawn story made me jump back into all of Zahn's work. Currently ready Alliances. And while not one of his better reads. Its still somewhat intriguing.

Though I'm not going to lie, I'm hoping to finish it soon as there truly isn't anything in this story that I'd say is great.

I've been reading the Demon Cycle books lately.  They're good, but they're kind of like the Hunger Games books to me.  They contain a lot of good, creative ideas.  But they aren't really well written.  The author relies a lot on crutch phrases and words.  No joke, the second book in the series had the word "scowl" or "scowled" in it 88 times (huzzah kindle for counting!).  That's a lot.

Still, the ideas in the book are creative enough to entertain me.  If you're into fantasy, they're a fun read.

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

Half way through Promise of Blood, the first book of the Powder Mage Trilogy.  Kind of makes me think of a more mature Mistborn, liking it so far. 

I read those in January.  It's a pretty good series.  I think you'll like them.

Currently reading Harrington on Cash Games:  How to Win at No Limit Hold'em Money Games, Vol. 1.  I've mostly been a casual tournament player on and off throughout my adult life, but I recently decided to make the transition into cash games and wanted to read up on it a bit before jumping in.  I knew there would be differences in the approaches you should take between the two different games, but there are a lot of things I never thought of that make me grateful I read this book first.