What are you reading? V1

Forge

On 8/30/2018 at 11:29 AM, Outpost31 said:

I'm reading this now and all the details and differences really make me hope we get a Jurassic Park series on HBO.  I feel like the movies have just gotten way too far away from what made the first one so incredible, and that book has SOOOOOO much material that could be used in a TV series.  The entire first episode could be John Hammond gathering the funds for the island alone. 

I just couldn't get the image of John Hammond carrying around that pygmy elephant attempting to get investors out of my head.  Then the idea of Grant getting obnoxious calls about raising dinosaurs.  That scene with the little dinosaurs eating that baby and all the mentions of workers getting attacked/eaten/killed by dinosaurs. 

I will always and forever love Spielberg's Jurassic Park, but it could be a dark and terrifying and awesome TV series.  They'll obviously never remake it as a movie, but a TV series on HBO would be the greatest thing ever. 

The entire first season could go through everything that happened before Grant even went to the island. 

I need to get about 500 million dollars and Steven Spielberg's blessing.  I'll do it myself.  If anybody knows Spielberg or has 500 million dollars, PM me. 

Man, I need to re-read it as well. I had both books but I can't find Jurassic Park anywhere. I must've sold it or given it away a while ago. Still have The Lost World, though. Maybe I'll get lucky and find it in the library.

Jesus a Jurassic Park HBO series that is canonical to the book would be freaking fantastic. And you could really draw it out, without feeling drawn out, into quite a few seasons, especially if Lost World is included too.

Gotta stay away from CGI overdose to keep it really fresh though, and that would mean a ton of $$$$$$$.

21 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Jesus a Jurassic Park HBO series that is canonical to the book would be freaking fantastic. And you could really draw it out, without feeling drawn out, into quite a few seasons, especially if Lost World is included too.

Gotta stay away from CGI overdose to keep it really fresh though, and that would mean a ton of $$$$$$$.

Absolutely.  Spielberg could loan them the practical effects from the first Jurassic Park.  Nothing has to change on the design of the T-Rex or the raptors.  They'd have to re-do the dilophosaur though.  That one was 10 feet tall in the book and carried Nedry away by his head. 

You could make four damn good 10 episode seasons off the first and second book alone, and then do two more movies after the events of the books and ignore the militarization of the dinosaurs altogether.  The final season could be the park finally up and running only to go to hell and have an entire season of people trying to survive the island with dinosaurs loose. 

Somebody start a Kickstarter fund. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Fisnished The Crow graphic novel, now I'm reading "It". A little boring in the beginning at certain points but still a very good read so far. Usually read fantasy when it comes to books but I thought I would start switching up my genres. Anyone have any good suggestions for a mysteru book similar to sherlock holmes, or even a good holmes book?

Edited by Fresh Prince

54 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Fisnished The Crow graphic novel, now I'm reading "It". A little boring in the beginning at certain points but still a very good read so far. Usually read fantasy when it comes to books but I thought I would start switching up my genres. Anyone have any good suggestions for a mysteru book similar to sherlock holmes, or even a good holmes book?

It was pretty damn good. I read it in a few days. Long read but worth it. King did a phenomenal job with the development of the characters. Really enjoyed bouncing between the present and past. 

On 9/5/2018 at 12:02 PM, beekay414 said:

Man, I need to re-read it as well. I had both books but I can't find Jurassic Park anywhere. I must've sold it or given it away a while ago. Still have The Lost World, though. Maybe I'll get lucky and find it in the library.

you can read jurassic park for free online

4 hours ago, RamRod said:

Just finished this book about a guy who watches nothing but bad movies for  an entire year to try and find the worst movie ever made.

Thinking about starting It but man it's thicc

what is it called

Edit: You just finished it, and you are thinking about starting it again? What?

Edited by Malfatron