What are you reading? V1

Forge

On 9/12/2019 at 4:13 PM, Oregon Ducks said:

Started Elantris by Brandon Sanderson and am about 1/3 through. Pretty damn good so far.

So I finished this and really enjoyed it. I would give it a 4.3/5. I heard it’s some of Sanderson’s worst (and earliest) work so I will definitely read more of the Cosmere.

Anyone read "The Infected"? Zombie Apocalypse 5 book series by Joseph Zuko. Its a free book series now.

Or Mass Extinction series by Amy Cross?

Mass Extinction looks unique. Covering sections of days of people for different areas of the country.

pjimage-1-16.jpg

Edited by PARROTHEAD

On 9/15/2019 at 7:12 AM, Oregon Ducks said:

So I finished this and really enjoyed it. I would give it a 4.3/5. I heard it’s some of Sanderson’s worst (and earliest) work so I will definitely read more of the Cosmere.

Finished up the Elantris short story and the Emperors Soul. They were both good but not as good as Elantris, IMO. Started Mistborn recently.

Any Rick Riordan fans out there? He wrote Percy Jackson. Has other series, Heros of Olympus, Kane and Tres Navarre. Along with right many stand alone books.

Wondering if anything is worth diving in to.

And started Mass Extinction. First book 150 pages. Its sucked me in. For being an apocalyptic book, its a very easy, light read. Has me wondering what these characters will do next.

22 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Finished up the Elantris short story and the Emperors Soul. They were both good but not as good as Elantris, IMO. Started Mistborn recently.

Mistborn is great. It was my the first fantasy series I got into after reading GoT. It's obviously a very different type of fantasy but it was and probably still is considered one of the better series. I love such a detailed and well defined system of magic. Sanderson has a lot of them in his all his books(with some duds) but basically everything in his catalog is worth reading. 

On 9/21/2019 at 7:34 AM, skywindO2 said:

Mistborn is great. It was my the first fantasy series I got into after reading GoT. It's obviously a very different type of fantasy but it was and probably still is considered one of the better series. I love such a detailed and well defined system of magic. Sanderson has a lot of them in his all his books(with some duds) but basically everything in his catalog is worth reading. 

The Final Empire was pretty great. Probably one of my favorite books, tbh. That ending though...

I wonder what they're going to do now that the Lord Ruler is dead. How can he write 2 more books on this? 5 more? lol

So they have a spoiled, immature noble rule them after everything? That's whaaaaaack. 

Vin was very annoying at times.

TBH, that ending was...ugh. Kinda upset.

Entering book 8 of Mass Extinction. Day 109-116.

Im for some reason really enjoying these books. (Most around 150-180 pages is all.)

Cant decide if I can recommend them. Some parts are really good, and some are so dumb that theyre enjoyable. Like the one guy Thomas the tale follows is like 16-18. And made such an idiot in some ways that hes been captured 10 times. Couple times he manages to get captured while already being captured. Sentenced to death a half dozen times. But somehow still plugging along. Im loving how dumb those parts are. its great.