What are you reading? V1

Forge

Im working on Dustfall. 200 years after nukes wipe out everything. Some great characters. My only real knock so far is there are no blacksmiths. Cars and metal everywhere, knives and axes are a rare luxury to have. Girl gets a 3 inch metal knife and its the greatest treasure in the world to her.

For a reading challenge I'm reading Bond #5: From Russia with Love.

I'm getting close to done, it feels Bond movie like as I'm reading it, it's also very very very much a product of it's time basically always for the worst. The first third of the book was just the bad guys plotting though, which was kind of interesting, but generally too long.

• 2 weeks later...

No Sanctuary Series. 619 pages. Post-Apoc Genre

Fast & Furious movie style. Instead of racing, it starts out as a couple people trying to survive the Apoc. And then suddenly theyre saving the country from the terror group causing all the damage and stopping nukes. Im usually not into hero sagas. But this was a fun little read.

On 10/28/2019 at 11:11 AM, MikeT14 said:

My Best Friend's Exorcism. Then doing Call Me God: The Untold Story of the DC Sniper Investigation next. 

About an hour left. It's not too much of anything we haven't seen before in regards to High School stuff and exorcism tropes, but I am enjoying it! Can't wait to see how it wraps up.

Im not into Star Wars as far as movies go in the slightest. Saw original 3, they were ok.

But run across some novels on them. That I might can do.

How many are there? How to keep them in any type order with different authors writing them? Are they any good?  Any type input is welcome.

Heres a sample.

Millennium Falcon
Two years have passed since Jacen Solo, seduced by the dark side and reanointed as the brutal Sith Lord Darth Caedus, died at the hands of his twin sister, Jaina, Sword of the Jedi. For a grieving Han and Leia, the shadow of their son’s tragic downfall still looms large. But Jacen’s own bright and loving daughter, Allana, offers a ray of hope for the future as she thrives in her grandparents’ care. And when the eager, inquisitive girl, in whom the Force grows ever stronger, makes a curious discovery aboard her grandfather’s beloved spacecraft–the much-overhauled but ever-dependable Millennium Falcon–the Solo family finds itself at a new turning point, about to set out on an odyssey into uncertain territory, untold adventure, and unexpected rewards.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

• 2 weeks later...