What are you reading? V1

Forge

Finished 6 books of the Still Alive series by Javan Bonds. Last due out before end of the year. Hopefully its the last anyway.

About this Alabama redneck after a zombie takeover of the country. He pairs with a 400lb gangbanger and 100lb comic book store owner who was filthy rich. And cause the geek was rich, he had real suits constructed of seemingly 100s of comic book heros. So you end up with IronMan and Darth Vader doing some run for supplies. Or storm troopers heading out with Batman. Has some great comedy in it.

----------------------------------------------------

Read about Red Rising real quick. Grabbing that now. Its a complete series at 5 books? Still Alive fooled me like that. I got the "complete 5 book series" then it ended with a "to be continued" where I found book 6 which said book 7 was coming.

10 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Has anyone read the Wind on Fire trilogy?My friend suggested it to me.

Looked it over at Amazon. Whole trilogy is 288 pages. Reviews arnt bad and the guy wrote the movie Gladiator it seems.

I grabbed it. Sounds like something decent to knock out one weekend.

16 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Read about Red Rising real quick. Grabbing that now. Its a complete series at 5 books? Still Alive fooled me like that. I got the "complete 5 book series" then it ended with a "to be continued" where I found book 6 which said book 7 was coming.

There's two series.

Red Rising: trilogy focused on one character as he undermines and tries to overthrow the oppressive Gold regime.  This one is complete and you should go ahead and read.

Iron Gold: set 10 years after the events of the last book in Red Rising.  Only two books have been released, the third set to be released next year i believe.  If you don't like to read incomplete series like me, then wait to read this one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

288? First book alone is 486 lol

I was going by here for the box set.

https://www.amazon.com/Wind-Fire-Trilogy-Box-Set/dp/0786809272

Product details

• Paperback: 288 pages
  • Publisher: Hyperion Books for Children; Slp edition (October 4, 2004)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0786809272
  • ISBN-13: 978-0786809271
  • Product Dimensions: 6 x 3.5 x 9 inches
  • Shipping Weight: 3.6 pounds

On 12/3/2019 at 9:20 AM, theJ said:

Loved that series.  Probably one of my top three book series i've read.  I'm always a little jealous of people that get to read it for the first time.  There's nothing like the suspense Pierce Brown builds in those books. 

My only words of advice - power through the first 1/3 of the first book.  It starts slow, but it gets much better afterward.

I'm anxiously awaiting the final book in the Iron Gold series.

It’s literally like Hunger Games banged Dune so far. I like it. 

• Like 1

On book 5 of 5 of the Z-Series by Hatchett. Enjoyed all the characters but  1.

How is anyone supposed to cheer on a chubby, tattooed all over,  short spiky pink haired, multi face pierced female Brit Army Capt knowitall good guy? Ya cant. She is the least likable character Ive ever come across. So was drawn more to the villain. The author must of known she sucked. So along the books things shift towards the super villain. Gotten into book 5 and the villain has the whole book as hes taking down other evil villains to help people that can help him.

Loving how its worked out like that.

Edit: Didnt think I would. But wrapped the series up. Its like after you read what the Mountain did to the Innkeeper and his daughter in ASOIAF, he goes on to become the hero without any arch. Loved how it worked out. Great little series and book 5 is killer.

Edited by PARROTHEAD