What are you reading? V1

Forge

19 hours ago, pwny said:

And the better half and I have set aside some time to read before bed. Like old people. 

Like the newspaper?

JK. Good for you. 30 books or so is my usual goal for the year. I'll usually only read a few non-fiction too. I spend all day in the real world. I don't usually feel like curling up to a biography at night. 

• 2 weeks later...

H7N9 by Mark Campbell

Really enjoyed it. Main character Teddy reads like Author Morgan from Red Dead Redemption 2. Hes an inmate serving life when the virus hits. Everything goes down and hes found to have an immune system that adapts to every time the virus mutates. He makes friends with this college kid who is the Typhoid Mary of the virus. As in he can walk through a settlement and they be wiped out in days. 1st book in a long while Ive read and can say its made perfect for 3-4 seasons on tv. Guess thats credit to the writer in how you can see all he describes so easily.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Anyone into the The Legends of the First Empire Series by Michael J. Sullivan yet?

Book 5 came out Feb 4th. And the final book will be released May 5th. I just grabbed the 4th. Going to go ahead and start the series.

I'm almost done with Age of Death. I love the series so much. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Anyone into the The Legends of the First Empire Series by Michael J. Sullivan yet?

Book 5 came out Feb 4th. And the final book will be released May 5th. I just grabbed the 4th. Going to go ahead and start the series.

On my list for when they're all released.  I don't do incomplete series.

19 minutes ago, theJ said:

On my list for when they're all released.  I don't do incomplete series.

I try not to either seeing as how ASOIAF wont see an end. But Sullivan doesnt start releasing books until the entire series is written. So this is my one exception knowing May 5th is a sure bet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 8:52 AM, skywindO2 said:

I'm almost done with Age of Death. I love the series so much. 

Took me a few days to really start loving Age of Myth. Read a couple pages, stop, read a couple more. But now Im fully into it. These characters are great. Suri is amazing with the way she looks at things and speaks. At the point now where shes about to go to the bear.

Im trying to make sense of the way elves repopulate. lol. Let me know if Im missing something. But a female elf can have 1 kid. So 4 elves (2 couples) gets reduced to 1 grand kid. 8 elves get reduced to 1 great grand kid. I must have missed something somewhere along the way through Sullivans books. Because the population to me looks like its sinking themselves fast into extinction.