What are you reading? V1

Forge

15 minutes ago, theJ said:

Does anyone else set a reading goal on Goodreads?  What's your goal for this year?

I'm set at 45, and currently have 30 read.  1 book ahead of schedule.

I'm on Goodreads too, happy to say I've hit 50 books/year for the first time ever.   

• Like 1

I'm reading Daughter of Smoke and Bones trilogy right now. Taking a little break from Dresden Files. It's a YA/Fantasy/Supernatural series, not that far into the first book yet, but it's enjoyable. It's not set in London, Paris, New York, LA, Chicago, etc that you expect so it has a different feel to it because of that.

I'm actually writing a book right now. I didn't feel it needed it's own thread so figured I'd put it here. I have the rough draft of the first 27 pages, I'd appreciate feedback from anyone here. Hopefully that's not against the forum rules. Things worth noting: it's a superhero story, it has a few obvious clichés early on, and I haven't fine-tuned the grammar yet. Unsure if the link works or not.

Edit: Better?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VaJ1GI7uoeDxr20clsvWTe3wbfHJiQlrjrdZbecSbX4/edit

Edited by Bullet Club
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm actually writing a book right now. I didn't feel it needed it's own thread so figured I'd put it here. I have the rough draft of the first 27 pages, I'd appreciate feedback from anyone here. Hopefully that's not against the forum rules. Things worth noting: it's a superhero story, it has a few obvious clichés early on, and I haven't fine-tuned the grammar yet. Unsure if the link works or not.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VaJ1GI7uoeDxr20clsvWTe3wbfHJiQlrjrdZbecSbX4/edit

The permissions are off for the file. You need to change the sharing settings under advanced. I am not sure if you can prevent editing for an openly shared file like that, but you may want to play with that before sharing.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

The permissions are off for the file. You need to change the sharing settings under advanced. I am not sure if you can prevent editing for an openly shared file like that, but you may want to play with that before sharing.

Thanks. I'm not worried about exterior editing as that isn't the source file. I'll work on getting those sharing settings updated and post a new link when I think it's good.

8 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Edit: Better?

Good for you man.  I'll take a look and give you my two cents.  

• Like 1