What are you reading? V1

Forge

3 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Agreed on all points. I did read Revival a few years ago - great book.

@mattyice0401 Yeah I did haha. I'm on the first book (The Name of the Wind). I'm about halfway through - it's awesome so far.

Ahh right on I hope you enjoy the series, I couldnt put them down at all I remeber staying up till like 2-3AM reading them. Love the story within a story aspect too.

Im a momo and must of mis read it because I thought you meant another kingkiller series by the author mentioned shortly after you mentioning the series.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just started Jon Krakauer's Into Thin Air about the '96 Everest disaster. Once I finish it, I'm going to try to find Anatoli Boukreev's The Climb to read a different take on it. A lot of people only know Krakauer's version. Luckily, I have the 1999 amended version of the book so we'll see if the accounts are different or not.

On 9/15/2020 at 9:11 PM, skywindO2 said:

Decided to listen to the audiobooks for The First Law series again. Half way through Before They Are Hanged right now. Loving it more the second time.

The Trouble With Peace apparently released today too so I'll end the re-read/listen with it.

Actually finally finished The Trouble With Peace and I still just can't get enough of his work. He already has the most impressive set of characters and just keeps adding more. Orso is just perfect. 

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I've been gaining interest in classic horror monsters for a while now. Are there any under the radar older books I should look into?

Dracula, It, Let The Right One In, Monster Hunter International

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I've been gaining interest in classic horror monsters for a while now. Are there any under the radar older books I should look into?

Ubik, from the 60's.

Sci fi, but you'd have a very strong argument for the horror genre as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

HP Lovecraft is the first name that comes to mind, but I haven’t read any of his stuff yet. Besides Stephen King (if he counts), the only classic horror books I’ve read (listened to) are Frankenstein and Dracula, and I liked them both.

• Like 1

Currently listening to A Clockwork Orange on Audible. 

I watched part of the movie years ago and didn’t like it. However, the tone of the novel is different, and I’m really glad I gave it a chance. The slang is difficult to get used to, but now that I have, I think it’s brilliant. Anthony Burgess is a master of language, and I plan on checking out some of his other work after I finish this one.

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

I self-published my first novel today. If anyone has an interest in taking a look PM me. If not, keep bombarding me with more classic horror tales to read.

What's it about? I read a novel by someone on here before when I grabbed the time. 

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

What's it about? I read a novel by someone on here before when I grabbed the time. 

Might've been me, I definitely posted a rough draft blurb about it on here once. It's a superhero origin story, extremely original I know.

Edited by Bullet Club
  • Like 1