What are you reading? V1

Forge

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

Any Brandon Sanderson fans here? 

I ordered the first couple books in the Mistborn trilogy from the library. Have heard that the first book is more YA oriented, but that the stakes get higher and higher and it takes on a more serious tone after book 1. 

Anyone recommend starting elsewhere? 

I loved the first Mistborn but I thought they got worse from there (still okay). I started with Elantris and I really enjoyed it. Others love Warbreaker.

3 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I loved the first Mistborn but I thought they got worse from there (still okay). I started with Elantris and I really enjoyed it. Others love Warbreaker.

Added Elantris to my order! From what I've read about it, it was his first book of the universe he created and sets up some of the lore. Good stuff. 

On 9/7/2021 at 7:08 AM, carl_sjunior said:

I ordered the first couple books in the Mistborn trilogy from the library. Have heard that the first book is more YA oriented, but that the stakes get higher and higher and it takes on a more serious tone after book 1. 

I really liked the Mistborn books, just read them this year. But I'm a sucker for well written fantasy. Plus, making us see the consequences of the thing that happened, great idea.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 10:08 AM, carl_sjunior said:

Huge Sanderson fan. Mistborn is awesome (though difficult to get into, and it has lulls), but I really like Way of Kings. Pretty amazing and huge series. It also has lulls but so far it also has a payoff. 

• Like 2