What are you reading? V1

9 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Salem’s lot was the most underwhelming king book to me. Besides maybe the dark tower drivel 

Actually... that's a good point...

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

I have Batman: Year One and Batman: Dark Victory ready to be picked up at the library. 

Lemme know how it is I could easily see myself adding that to my list.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison the other day. Liked it more than Beloved. Which continues to be true for every Toni Morrison book that I read.

Really don’t know why people love Beloved so much.

Any Brandon Sanderson fans here? 

I ordered the first couple books in the Mistborn trilogy from the library. Have heard that the first book is more YA oriented, but that the stakes get higher and higher and it takes on a more serious tone after book 1. 

Anyone recommend starting elsewhere? 

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

I ordered the first couple books in the Mistborn trilogy from the library. Have heard that the first book is more YA oriented, but that the stakes get higher and higher and it takes on a more serious tone after book 1. 

I loved the first Mistborn but I thought they got worse from there (still okay). I started with Elantris and I really enjoyed it. Others love Warbreaker.

3 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I loved the first Mistborn but I thought they got worse from there (still okay). I started with Elantris and I really enjoyed it. Others love Warbreaker.

Added Elantris to my order! From what I've read about it, it was his first book of the universe he created and sets up some of the lore. Good stuff. 

On 9/4/2021 at 2:19 PM, TwoToneBlue said:

Finished "The Lies of Locke Lamora" last night. Can't wait to continue the series.

Great book. One of my all time favorites. The rest are good, not as great. Also, the writer has anxiety or other issues, so they aren't "done", though it doesn't really matter.

On 9/7/2021 at 7:08 AM, carl_sjunior said:

I really liked the Mistborn books, just read them this year. But I'm a sucker for well written fantasy. Plus, making us see the consequences of the thing that happened, great idea.

• Like 1
On 9/7/2021 at 10:08 AM, carl_sjunior said:

Huge Sanderson fan. Mistborn is awesome (though difficult to get into, and it has lulls), but I really like Way of Kings. Pretty amazing and huge series. It also has lulls but so far it also has a payoff. 

• Like 2