Jump to content

What are you reading? V1


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Huge Sanderson fan. Mistborn is awesome (though difficult to get into, and it has lulls), but I really like Way of Kings. Pretty amazing and huge series. It also has lulls but so far it also has a payoff. 

decided to start with mistborn because every book is way shorter haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2021 at 8:55 AM, carl_sjunior said:

decided to start with mistborn because every book is way shorter haha

It's not a bad way to start. I'll introduce you to Sanderson's writing style and some of his fantasy concepts, which can be pretty challenging and abstract at times. Just realize that if you don't love Mistborn...that's fine. I like Mistborn, but it is not remotely close to as good as TWOK's in my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2021 at 1:24 AM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Just finished Book 7 of The Expanse series. Waiting for the arrival of book 8. Just realized I'm going to finish it before book 9 is released. Thought the series was over. 

How are they? That series is defiantly on my list of books to read

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

How are they? That series is defiantly on my list of books to read

They’ve been great. Easy reads. Not going to be anything too deep or the level of great writing that something like Malazan is. Though book 7 has been the first one where I was starting to get bored with the story and characters. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

They’ve been great. Easy reads. Not going to be anything too deep or the level of great writing that something like Malazan is. Though book 7 has been the first one where I was starting to get bored with the story and characters. 

Whats Malazan or who is Malazan? A series of books? And author? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Whats Malazan or who is Malazan? A series of books? And author? 

Malazan Book of the Fallen is a 10-book series written by Steven Erikson. Some of the most well written fiction I've ever read, but it's not for the faint of heart. Book 1 drops you into the middle of a world and just starts talking about the magic system and characters like you've known them your whole life. Can be overwhelming when you first start out. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Malazan Book of the Fallen is a 10-book series written by Steven Erikson. Some of the most well written fiction I've ever read, but it's not for the faint of heart. Book 1 drops you into the middle of a world and just starts talking about the magic system and characters like you've known them your whole life. Can be overwhelming when you first start out. 

I will have to check them out I think ive heard about them before just couldnt connect the dots

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Malazan Book of the Fallen is a 10-book series written by Steven Erikson. Some of the most well written fiction I've ever read, but it's not for the faint of heart. Book 1 drops you into the middle of a world and just starts talking about the magic system and characters like you've known them your whole life. Can be overwhelming when you first start out. 

I never finished the first, but I own it in ebook format, which always makes me less interested. I will have to retry, though. I own the next two in paperback.

I just finished the Deed of Paksanarrion trilogy. Starts so strong, and kind of fades for me in book three, some. But I must like it, is my third reading, though first in a long time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Went to Meijer, which sells a bunch of relatively decent selling books for just $6 each so I bought I think like 9 or so on a whim even though I have a laundry list of books I already own and haven’t gotten to yet. Started Bearskin by James McLaughlin and just a few chapters in but for an author I haven’t heard of, he’s impressive so far with visuals and details. I can tell I’m going to like an author/book when I feel envious about his/her writing ability. Very compelling book so far, hope it keeps me in. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...