What are you reading? V1

Forge

I'm going through the Keeper of the Lost Cities series. It is fantasy, kind of on the level of Harry Potter, but better written in my opinion. The characters are more interesting anyways, and the story doesn't shy away from tougher subjects and events that happen. Most certainly, in this book too, the main character can't get away with everything without consequences. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

I have less than 100 pages left, always thought Lectars escape was a bit far fetched.  Read the synopsis for Hannibal to see if I wanted to read that also but the story seems to go way overboard.

I see your point, but I liked the escape. I haven’t read Hannibal. The movie wasn’t in the same league as SOTL. The Red Dragon book was great though, and I didn’t particularly like that movie.

6 hours ago, JohnChimpo said:

I see your point, but I liked the escape. I haven’t read Hannibal. The movie wasn’t in the same league as SOTL. The Red Dragon book was great though, and I didn’t particularly like that movie.

Idk to me I think Lectar would’ve been a better character if he stayed locked up but just have great conversations with Clarice.

51IIOeqXORL._SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_

The book is not "written" well in the sense that it's story is told through quotes from founders, producers, artists, etc. That said, there are very interesting tidbits and stories throughout. I've laughed pretty hard numerous times about stories regarding Rod Stewart and Les Garland among others. I have no idea how it's as long as it is (over 600 pages). 

3 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Just picked up L.A Confidential, always enjoyed the movie, so I figured I give the book a try. Still have 2 books in front of it to read.

I thought the book was much better than the movie, and I loved the movie. It’s much deeper. James Ellroy is an amazing writer imo.

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I was a big fan of The Martian. So now I'm reading his new book: Project Hail Mary. 

Loved The Martian. Didn't care for Artemis. I'll have to check out Project Hail Mary.

Just got my copy of The Expanse Book 9 from the US. Wish I'd just started buying them on Kindle, but found the first 2 at Powell's while in Portland before we left the States and couldn't justify buying the rest digital with 2 in hard copy.😆