What are you reading? V1

Forge

The first game of thrones book I read at a 24 page per day pace, the next 31 ppd, then 41 pages per day for storm of swords. I’ve been reading feast for crows at a sweltering 70 pages per day (much more than my usual, ADHD woes) but golly these Greyjoy chapters are a grind 

11 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

The first game of thrones book I read at a 24 page per day pace, the next 31 ppd, then 41 pages per day for storm of swords. I’ve been reading feast for crows at a sweltering 70 pages per day (much more than my usual, ADHD woes) but golly these Greyjoy chapters are a grind 

I bought A Game of Thrones on Thursday night and began reading it Sunday since I had plans on Friday and Saturday. I'm about 220 pages in already. 

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I bought A Game of Thrones on Thursday night and began reading it Sunday since I had plans on Friday and Saturday. I'm about 220 pages in already. 

I probably read each paragraph like 3-4 times before paying attention enough to absorb it lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

They’re gotten considerably better. The showrunners gutting the Greyjoy and the dorne storylines is criminal 

Ruining Euron's character crushed the Greyjoy plotline, no Young Griff crushed the Daenarys plotline, no Lady Stoneheart crushed the Brienne plotline, and the list goes on.

What the showrunners did was indeed criminal. 

10 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Ruining Euron's character crushed the Greyjoy plotline, no Young Griff crushed the Daenarys plotline, no Lady Stoneheart crushed the Brienne plotline, and the list goes on.

What the showrunners did was indeed criminal. 

Wish I hadn’t read this while still reading the books 😂

27 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

You didn't know those characters weren't in the show? 

I didn’t know a young griff would have a considerable impact on dany or that lady stoneheart and brienne’s paths would cross.
I’m just giving you ish tho

11 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I didn’t know a young griff would have a considerable impact on dany or that lady stoneheart and brienne’s paths would cross.
I’m just giving you ish tho

Oh, sorry. IIRC You said you were on book 4 and I guess I didn't quite remember just what had been introduced yet. Though tbf Young Griff having a major impact on Dany is largely fan theory based on how it looks like some plot paths may converge. Sorry again, though. 

On 11/5/2022 at 7:29 PM, Malfatron said:

Almost done with Lonesome Dove

Excellent novel, i would highly recommend even if you typically dont go in for Westerns

Stephen Kings Fairy Tale is on tap for me

I fell behind on The Passenger immediately.  Between preparing for a baby and trying to get an addition built onto the house, I just have not been able to read.  I have election day off though, so hopefully I can get some reading done then, and get to the halfway mark.

Just now, Daniel said:

I fell behind on The Passenger immediately.  Between preparing for a baby and trying to get an addition built onto the house, I just have not been able to read.  I have election day off though, so hopefully I can get some reading done then, and get to the halfway mark.

I gave up on it.

The book just isnt for me i dont think