What are you reading? V1

Forge

10 hours ago, Malfatron said:

It took until chapter 20, but Fairy Tale is starting to get good now

I think we're going to be the opposite in a sense. I actually very much enjoyed the first half. The 2nd half was fine, still good, but I was ready for it to be over too. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Misery

The mist is a short one

And the Mist is really only good as a movie imo. 

Spoiler

The ending of the movie ranks up there amongst the greatest ever for me, but it was made for the movie. The book ending sucked, in typical King fashion

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Hannibal novel was so much better than the movie and a fitting end to the saga. Not sure I want to read (or listen to) Hannibal Rising anytime soon. Wikipedia says Thomas Harris didn’t even want to write it, but the producer of the movies said if he didn’t write the story, he’d find someone else who would. Not exactly inspired writing. The other three are awesome, with Silence of the Lambs clearly being the best.

• 3 weeks later...

It’s been a while since I read nonfiction/bio books. It’s been a while since I’ve even finished a book (GoT months ago). 

But I’m Glad My Mom Died by Jeannette McCurdy was actually super good. I think the title is the only reason it caught my attention. My younger siblings were obsessed with all the late 2000s/early 10’s Nickelodeon and Disney shows so I saw a fair share of icarly and didn’t much love her character but this was very eye opening for her life, the life of a child star, the abusive overbearing narcissistic parent and how to live after it all. It was a fascinating perspective